• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

HI

thefoolonthehill

Experienced Member
Hi, I am the fool on the hill, all around nerd, linux fan/user, mac fan/user, pc hater/turn downer and all around disliker, custom hardware engineer, software programmer, computer restorer, radio ameture, and I have: A Macintosh SE (I don't have a keyboard so I hardly use it) an IMSAI 8080 with a GIANT 8" disk drive and a tape drive alot of documentation, and TOO MUCH software!!!!

If anyone knows how to help me with my IMSAI 8080 problem (I can't deposite information to the data bus) please email me (stephen@mirrordarkly.com) or AIM me (wiltors42) I'm on AIM almost all day but I might be on sparingly for this thanksgiving.

EDIT: I also forgot: I had an Apple IIe but I sold it again (stupidest thing I ever did)

ha yeah thats where my name comes from. mostly when that steve guy programmed his altair to play that on the radio with beeps. It's cool... a guy at www.digibarn.com re did it and it worked. Theres video and audio.

You know what's funny is I find it relaxing to watch someone click at a computer like that.

thefoolonthehill said:
ha yeah thats where my name comes from. mostly when that steve guy programmed his altair to play that on the radio with beeps. It's cool... a guy at www.digibarn.com re did it and it worked. Theres video and audio.

Uhm, that was me. . . :) Bruce enlisted my help and my Altair for the Homebrew at 30 event.

thefoolonthehill said:
You know what's funny is I find it relaxing to watch someone click at a computer like that.

Try doing it in front of a room full of people knowing that Woz and others will be in watching the results in just a few minutes. That's not even close to relaxing!! :)

BTW, Steve Dompier was the first to do this if you'd like to adjust your signature.

Anyway, welcome to the VC Forum!

Erik

THAT WAS YOU?! :roll: That's shows how much I pay attention to.

thanks I'll update my signature

I meant, watching one person switching it

Hey I was wondering... I read in the manual of my IMSAI 8080 that there was a "write protect" switch on the front of it, but I see no sign of that switch on it... is there a typo in my manual? or is it a dip switch which is hidden on the back of the front switch board?[/u]

Back