• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How to delete one of my old messages?

1980s_john

Experienced Member
As per title please, I can edit a message, but I couldn't see a 'delete' button. When I tried to delete all the text and save I received an error 'message too short' :)

Any help gratefully received,
John

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
Well, seems you aren't a moderator, you can't delete your threads, and I don't think you can delete a message. Let me try to delete this one...

--Ryan

EDIT: You CAN delete your messages, not any threads you start. To delete a message, click edit, then go advanced. You should be able to tell the rest.

--Ryan

1980s_john

Experienced Member
Thanks - I would like to delete a 'for sale' ad (so I started the thread) so how do I contact a moderator please?

Regards,
John

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
Hmm...Well, from the main page, at the bottom, click "view form leaders" and contact one of the moderators. I don't reccomend contacting "Erik" for such a thing though, as that high of a power is unnecessary. Contact someone like Mbbrutman, Ahm, or Vlad. Or, just put a new post on your thread nicely asking a mod to delete the thread.

--Ryan

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
Yeah, one of the lesser moderators does fine. ;-0

I assumed it was the ASR-33 Thread? If so, it's gone ...

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
Oh, and I forgot to mention Terry Yager. He is pretty decent, too.

(relieved sigh) Glad I mentioned him before he realized I forgot.

--Ryan

carlsson

Veteran Member
Probably it would be mis-use of the "Report post" function, but in case of an emergency it reaches all the moderators. Someone will gladly remove your message/thread and perhaps shut down your account as well. ;-)

If an item was already sold, I prefer the thread to be locked instead of deleted, but I suppose it could be either of.

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
My preference has always been to post a follow-up message that an item has sold so we can keep the info for archival purposes (price info would help the archives as well!)

But, I don't have a problem killing the thread either, if that's what the original poster wants.

1980s_john

Experienced Member
Thanks for the replies and for deleting my ASR-33 manual advert, yes it sold on eBay (1 bid).

Regards,
John