• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Loss of Colors/Color Contrast on CGA monitor...

T-Squared

Veteran Member
One thing I've noticed with my Sanyo MBC-775 is that the internal monitor does not show the proper CGA palette. I know I've been saying this in multiple threads, but I found it has gotten worse.

The colors affected are Cyan, Magenta, and White. (I want to say there's one more, but I can't be sure.) The intense versions of those seem to not even show up on the monitor properly, as there is no tinting difference.

On that note, is there any way to adjust the electron gun intensities through their resistors so that they output the proper color? (I know about the circuitry for Color 6, but that's a different story)

I did consider that, but I did adjust some the other day.

Also, as I've said in the other forum posts, there seems to be a problem with the intensity in-general, because the colors seem to not be contrasting enough.
I've noticed that there is indeed dark gray, but it's way too dark for an RGB screen. (again, almost as dark as its unintensified counterpart)

I noticed the problem as I was using the CGA_COMP video testing program.

At the moment, I'm still trying to get 640k to work on this machine, so I'll check back later after I've gotten it. I am so close. It reads and writes the memory, but not at the correct size. Everything to try getting this memory to be addressed properly in the MBC-775 seems centered around the logic equivalent of the 24S10 PROM used in the 5160.

Last edited:
Back