• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Middle East

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's semi-off-topic, but I'd just like to say that in the Quran, one of the 50 signs of Judgement Day is (if I remember correctly) that a great nation will go to war with Syria (I probobly spelt that wrong) & lose. So...Yeah...

(Great, now one of Google's spiders will pick this up, cause alot of web traffic, ect...)

atari2600a said:
I know it's semi-off-topic, but I'd just like to say that in the Quran, one of the 50 signs of Judgement Day is (if I remember correctly) that a great nation will go to war with Syria (I probobly spelt that wrong) & lose. So...Yeah...

A Cub Scout troop couldn't lose a war with Syria if they tried.

The only nation in the Middle East with anything resembling a capable military is Iran and a bored platoon of Israeli soldiers on R&R could probably wipe out every last vestige of that army in a long weekend.

Quran predictions or not, the only thing that's currently preventing Israel from owning every grain of sand between the Suez Canal and the Caspian Sea is, well, I'm not sure what's stopping them, really.

Terry Yager said:
Anybody know what our current DEFCON status is? (How 'bout y'all military types)? ...curtis? ...Nathan?? ...anybody???

--T
I'm out of that particular loop. Sorry. Doesn't look good though. I just heard on the radio that things have gotten worse. Hezbullah (bad spelling) is funded by Iran, therefore Israel seems to be in trouble, even though Hez is considered terrorist and independent.

It seems that since Israel is an ally of ours, we will get asked to render aid, hence drawn into the conflict. I don't see how, our guys are spread pretty thin as it is.

Erik said:
A Cub Scout troop couldn't lose a war with Syria if they tried.

The only nation in the Middle East with anything resembling a capable military is Iran and a bored platoon of Israeli soldiers on R&R could probably wipe out every last vestige of that army in a long weekend.

Quran predictions or not, the only thing that's currently preventing Israel from owning every grain of sand between the Suez Canal and the Caspian Sea is, well, I'm not sure what's stopping them, really.
I agree, it wouldn't take much for Israel to take out iran, much less lebonon.

I dunno, Erik...you obviously never met *my* ol' Cub Scout troop. We used to be beaten up every week, when we'd wear our uniforms to school, for the 'Den Meetings' immediatly following. One of the main 'ring-leaders' of the bullies was the Den Mother's own son, who never joined-up for some reason. Go figger...

--T

alexkerhead said:
There are so many ways to generate juice other than nuclear. I see this as a cover story. While I was sitting here reading everything my mind wandered to the idea of a floating platform in the upper atmosphere that gathers solar energy and transports it back to the surface. And I looked it up and it's being thought about by people who can do it.

http://www.google.com/search?client...latform+"upper+atmosphere"&btnG=Google+Search

Back in '73, while I was in the USAF, during the 'Yom Kippur War', we went to DEFCON 3, the highest peacetime level. The whole base was put on 24-hour Alert, and most people on base (including civilians) were forced to work 24-on, 12-off. I was fortunate because I was a member of the 'Riot Squad', and only had to spend 8-on, and 8-off, 'defending' the main gate against the protesters outside. Most of my friends got stuck with the duty of humpin' bombs, etc. onto aircraft bound for Israel (a grueling task, by all accounts).

--T

Last edited:
Iran is not afraid of Israel. Iran is afraid of the USA, who support Israel. Iran on the other hand support military groups (terrorists?) like Hizbollah etc in countries as Lebanon, Syria, Palestine.

After the quick and safe *cough* conquer of Iraq, I saw some interview clips with regular US citizens, who thought it was about time to take on Iran next. That would be devastating, and much likely the US troops would have a very tough time to get anywhere into the country, unless they for some stupid reason would decide to drop the A-bomb.

carlsson said:
Iran is not afraid of Israel. Iran is afraid of the USA, who support Israel. Iran on the other hand support military groups (terrorists?) like Hizbollah etc in countries as Lebanon, Syria, Palestine.

After the quick and safe *cough* conquer of Iraq, I saw some interview clips with regular US citizens, who thought it was about time to take on Iran next. That would be devastating, and much likely the US troops would have a very tough time to get anywhere into the country, unless they for some stupid reason would decide to drop the A-bomb.

Yeah, we heard all of that before we went into Iraq in '91. At the time they had the second largest military in the world and had tons of chemical, biological and other munitions that they'd clearly use to slaughter our troops on the ground.

A week or two later our military were all standing around the outskirts of Baghdad waiting for orders to take it. Orders that were, sadly, never to come.

Iran is another version of that same paper tiger and, if it came down to it, another few dozen Stealth Bomber sorties would prove their weakness as well.

This isn't American chest-thumping, by the way, it's just reality.

You can talk all you want about whether or not we should do it (just please not here), but the fact that we could do it is a foregone conclusion.

Hey, I'm located within 15 milez of 'Ground Zero'. Even though GM is no longer a major player in this area, I doubt if any of the missiles have been re-directed towardz greener pasturez. Sum'n is going to hit directly in the middle of the Chevrolet Ave, & Third Ave. intersection (among other local targets).

--T

Man, all this will DEFINITELY not be good for bandwidth once the Google spiders pick it up!

Speaking of missles & explosions, if anyone's watching Myth Busters right now, the material the FBI didn't allow them to mention is Alluminum (I'm guessing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back