• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Model 2000 now boots, but video problems

kb2syd

Veteran Member
I've been working on getting one running now for quite a while. Finally have a model 2000, VM-1, and 10 meg HD booting. Still need to fix a video problem (probably a bad RAM chip), but that only affects certain video modes.

Once I got it running, I found that the hard drive has WordPerfect 4.2 and Open Access on it.

Does anyone have the service manual for this machine laying around? The problem with the video mode is hard to describe, but here goes:

When entering any of the extended video modes, the screen appears 4 times on the screen kind of like a HollyWood Squares effect. None of the images are clear, and a mode co40 followed by mode co80 clears it up.

Yep, using the genuine CM-1 color monitor for the Model 2000. The resulting image is dead solid (not flickering at all). However, it is not intact. I'll try to take a picture of it.

It does look like what Terry is describing, but not flickery (is that a word?) like an improper sync rate. I'm going to try to work on the memory problem first (only detects 256k out of 640), then move on to the video problem.

Last edited:
Back