• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New site

Yep, I have just posted a question to the moderators about this in the new ‘nits’ thread. Still waiting for it to be moderated. Self referential post... I suspect this post will require moderation also :)!

I have a neighbour who has so many lights on their house that they need the entire output from Unit 7!

Merry Christmas Gary.

Dave

We’re working on the permissions issues. Both Lutiana and I are checking, and learning about the new backend.

Boy is it ever faster!

- Alex

Boy is it ever faster!

That's the understatement of the year I think. It's snappy as hell.

RE: Moderation issues - I believe I have solved this, it was a permissions issue. For some reason people over 10 posts were being moderated, but under that they were not. No idea how that got mixed up.

No pain, no gain.

Already significantly faster, as noted. Everything's in the wrong place but that just takes getting used to. It's like 1995 all over again!

Thanks for the effort y'all have put in to migrate over!

Phil

Looking good so far! Thanks to all involved! And I agree, this runs so much faster than the old forum!

Edit: I can also log in on some of my older computers once again! Typing this on my Panasonic ToughBook CF-27 Mk.4 running Windows 2000 and k-meleon browser!

Last edited:
I think this is a tremendous improvement over the last version. Much easier to navigate and read, far more responsive. The layout is more logical and uncluttered too.

One thing though - can we remove the 'Our mission' block from every page? It makes it a pain to scroll to content on every page, and while that block of text is important in itself, the very fact its on every single page makes it much less likely anyone will read it anyway.

But great job!!

Once you have read it (...) there is a cross in the top right-hand corner. Click the cross and it goes away forever.

Dave

Absolutely no problem. We are all in ‘learn’ mode a little bit. I found that one by trial and error :)!

Dave

I can’t seem to see signatures on the mobile site. I checked my preferences and I do have signatures enabled, so I don’t know what’s up.

I kind of like it. Yes, it is different. But none of that going out to lunch ever few minutes if I hit return to previous page.

Back