• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

OT: Canon Cat on eBay

Seller says "No PayPal" except for inat'l bidders.

I do believe that is now against eBay policies - what ELSE is he going to accept?
Checks/MO's are no-no now, plus you'll get zero ebay protection.

eBay is *SO* starting to REALLY suck....
Apparently they want to be an amazon.com, but, there is ALREADY an amazon...and a buy.com...and a ubid.com...and an overstock.com

What they haven't figured out, is they are not an approved venue, example I know of, most car stereo equipment manufacturers void your warranty if purchased through eBay - JL Audio, Zapco, Pioneer, Rockford, Kicket, MTX, etc...

T

Starting to *REALLY SUCK*, not just starting to suck - that started LOOOONG ago...
Even before their current mental-midget CEO.

They don't want fleaBay to be a flea market - guess what.
THAT'S WHAT IT IS! WTF am I gonna do legit, high-$ purchases on fleabay for?
I'll go to regular etailers/retailers - I ain't risking big $$ on that bazaar!

Tony

Ebay is only a bargain some times, new items sometimes sell for more on ebay then in stores. I use ebay like a global garage sale and look for items I want at well below what they tend to sell for. If I want to pay retail I will shop newegg.

Hi
If someone on this list does get the machine, we've started
a googles group for the Cat. A lot of interesting stuff so
far.
Dwight

I've done plenty of auctions/deals where I sent a money order, I never had any problems. That was before I ever wanted to trust paypal. I use paypal now, but still, it's not like I know their security that well and it really just gives one more thing for folks to break into and try to spend all the money they can from.

That's interesting if ebay requires the allowance of paypal though (Since the own it).

You're right though, ebay sucks and is certainly thinking outside the box and leading the way to really suck for us and others.

The only thing I will do sometimes is search it for prices, or occasionally new items that are overpriced at local stores (items that I'm unlikely to need to return). For instance, I'm eyeballing the new FC Twin (FC3) which locally will cost me $60-$70 at the only stores that carry it. Ebay I can find it for $40 from plenty of sellers. I just have to think if I'll really get into any genesis games and what to do with my current FC Twin if I do, or as a collector do I just go after the real thing still.

If I am correct, I know the owner of this machine, and he's a good guy should not be a problem esp if you can pick it up. My 2cents.

Back