• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pertec ISA interface card

Two shovels and a broomstick were of great help to put down a wall, get inside and start the storage server.

As promised, here is the version which demonstrates tape read operations.

www.seprom.ro/tpw_v1.0.0.alfa.tar.gz - 3.805 MBytes

How to open and compile - when you see 'compile errors' in the following instructions, it means the libraries were f?cked up during the next updates:

-> you need STM32CUBEmx 4.26.0. Newer versions will cause compile errors;

-> you need Keil microvision v5.26.2.0; Newer versions will cause compile errors;

-> unzip the archive.

-> to view the pin assignments, clock configurations, i/o directions and interrupt configuration -> open ".ioc" file with STM32CubeMX. Warning: don't export project to KEIL because it will rewrite all .src files;

-> to compile the project, open Keil Uvision, open project, select the MDK-ARM/tpw_v1_0_0_alfa.uvprojx files, build all targets.

tape.h contains all the instructions - courtesy off Mr. Chuck. The text is his work.

At this time the last v1 version is 1.10 containing full automatic host emulation for forward tape read, error correction, storage in 8 MB high speed sram, dump on microsd card in sim-h tape format. No write on tape. Drive emulation allows only forward read. Mainframe can't write to drive emulator. Bypass also works.
Current version is v2.0.* for implementing the full set of pertec commands.

Programming environment switched to FreeBSD Unix to prevent legal issues - I took this project into my company for development - as I can't afford to pay high prices for tools licensing.

Warning: if you see comments written in something other than English, it means they are written in the precursor of the Latin language - which is the Ancient Tongue of the Vampire (Romanian). If you try to read loud, then read it like you would read in Spanish. Many many many beers provide help. Google translate is required. Some English translations are also present.

Please confirm when you get it guys, I am waiting for all of you for a few days and after that I will shut down my lab for structural repairs. I hope in autumn to release the v1.0.2 with IRQ, DMA and serial sram. v1.0.0-alfa is the only file I could recover without complains from the RAID controller.

Last edited:
One of the reasons that I stayed with STMicro SPL. It's tried and tested--CubeMX not so much. Too much code with too little control.

I tried using libopencm3, but it's not very complete for the bigger MCUs and I found myself writing a lot of code that I didn't need to.

Back