• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PET 8032 display issue

Are you talking about the main power supply connection from the cable harness to the main logic board?

If so, I am sure these are still available.

Dave

This is the cable to the main board that comes straight off the transformer. If you have a link to where I can get one I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Redoing the power connector seems to have sorted it out. Next problem is the brightness control. It was very dodgy so I took it apart and cleaned the contacts and the carbon(?) strip. This seemed to make things better but now if the machine has been on for a few minutes the display will just go blank. An ever-so-slight touch to the pot - not even turning it - makes the screen come back on. I desoldered it to take it apart and so I know the joints are good. I think a new pot is probably the best option but happy to take any advice.

Buy a new one, they are cheap enough...

Sorry for not getting back to you about the power connector. But I see you have got it sorted.

Dave

Look at the schematics and BoM over at the zimmers website.

You will have to identify exactly which monitor you have, and which schematic and BoM therefore applies.

I am on a business trip at the moment, so limited access to things.

Dave

If you read the next post (post #21) you will find it did :)...

Dave
Thank you. I didn't see I was on the wrong page.

If I can burn this rom (Right now my TL866II cannot burn 2716 or 2732 roms), which socket does it go it? You said the "edit rom". uhhh, which one is that? I am very new to the PET series. I think there are what four BASIC ROMS, The Kernal ROM and the Character ROM. There is another I read called the KeyBoard rom. Is that the EDIT ROM (Location UD7)?

Back