• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PET and CBM no video

It doesnt say not compatible, rather 'unsupported'

As the SP9000 works with an 8050, then it shouldn't care.

Sorry, I didn't get that part about extra out images. Can you explain?
If I get a moment I will send you the waterloo files in a zip file and not in a .d64 image. You can use cbmxfer to extract files out from a .d64 image. The Waterloo programs are contained in a .d64 image. You can open the image in basic using the commands found on the sd2pet sheet.

Last edited:
Yes, the languages are on the disk and not stored in ROM.

There are copies of the Waterloo language disk around that have the 6702 protection disabled. I know because I did it! If your 6702 chip goes faulty, you will need them...

I can point you at them if you can't find them...

My disk image also has a "Hello Dave" program for every computer language on the disk...

Dave

Yes, the languages are on the disk and not stored in ROM.

There are copies of the Waterloo language disk around that have the 6702 protection disabled. I know because I did it! If your 6702 chip goes faulty, you will need them...

I can point you at them if you can't find them...

My disk image also has a "Hello Dave" program for every computer language on the disk...

Dave
I saw the early posts of your work and it's really great stuff!
I have the link to Matt's site from one of your old posts.
Hopefully I can use the original files, but if not then I will use the unprotected ones.

Actually, for the SuperPET, it stated "untested". It is tested now and appears to work! Well done!

That looks like the original disk.

By the way WATCOM = Waterloo...

Dave

From what I was told by the man I purchased it from, he received it as a gift from a professor at Watcom. - Waterloo University. He also said it had under 45 hours use since new.

I wanted to attend Waterloo University when I was 16, but instead I attended Humber College. I was so eager to begin my computer career that I quit high school after grade 10 and was accepted into Humber (with grade 12h equivalency).

You wouldn't have believed how much of a computer nerd I was (and still am). I've done so much in the industry and loved every bit of it.

If anyone here is from Ottawa, they very likely know me.

Try this - extract the zip files on the the SD2PET SD card. Type edit or basic and see what happens. If it doesn't load in lower case try upper case

Attachments

• Waterloo files.zip
    173.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My D64 images also have "Hello Dave" tests for all of the Waterloo Languages to make sure everything is working. The documentation is also on the website for running these.

Dave

My D64 images also have "Hello Dave" tests for all of the Waterloo Languages to make sure everything is working. The documentation is also on the website for running these.

Dave
Sent you a PM on a different issue

Try this - extract the zip files on the the SD2PET SD card. Type edit or basic and see what happens. If it doesn't load in lower case try upper case
I copied the original protected WATCOM programs and files to the SD2PET, and it successfully loads. The chip is apparently working correctly.

I copied the original protected WATCOM programs and files to the SD2PET, and it successfully loads. The chip is apparently working correctly.
That good …. have Fun playing around with it … then when you have finished maybe you want to try a OS/9 board add on 😊 needs to be built up but another world for the SuperPET

That good …. have Fun playing around with it … then when you have finished maybe you want to try a OS/9 board add on 😊 needs to be built up but another world for the SuperPET
The thought has crossed my mind. I have restored 4 (PET/CBM/SP9000) in the past couple weeks but still have 3 more to go. And I'm looking at getting more as well. I've no idea why really, but I'd like to see more people somehow connecting with them. A MUD game would be fun.

Back