• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Petsd

Right now only SAVE and LOAD commands, but he is looking into adding DOS Wedge shortcut commands.

Okay. I was mostly just curious about the DOS wedge stuff because I'm trying to justify my decision to go with BASIC 2.0 instead of 4.0 for the project I'm working on. I know BASIC 4.0 has improved garbage collection, but my impression at least was almost all the rest of that additional 4k it takes up was the DOS extensions.

Why would anyone want relative file support? Are there any legacy programs that use them? The biggest name database program is 'Data file Handler' and its only uses .seq files albeit with assembly routines.

Personally I don't really care; if it can do .seq that probably covers any use case I might care about.

I've got my webserver running on a synology with php installed.
Any webserver that supports php should work.

Is the php script available? Does it go into the same directory as the PET program files? This feature sounds very useful. LOAD "program_name", 10 and whoosh, a PET program downloaded from the ether directly into the PET.
-Dave

Is the php script available? Does it go into the same directory as the PET program files? This feature sounds very useful. LOAD "program_name", 10 and whoosh, a PET program downloaded from the ether directly into the PET.
-Dave

You'll have to wait for bitfixer to release it, like I said, I'm just helping beta test.

Right now only SAVE and LOAD commands, but he is looking into adding DOS Wedge shortcut commands. He is also looking into a wifi interface where one can download (LOAD) program files from an internet site. It works in beta testing.

Why would anyone want relative file support? Are there any legacy programs that use them? The biggest name database program is 'Data file Handler' and its only uses .seq files albeit with assembly routines.

REL support is important if you have a SuperPET and want to run SuperOS9.

REL support is important if you have a SuperPET and want to run SuperOS9.

OK, that would be useful. But are you able to run the Waterloo 6809 code without SuperOS9 on the SuperPet? That is, run Fortran, etc without SuperOS9?

Also I think to run the SuperPet, the disk emulator would have to differentiate between drive 0: and drive 1: on the same device number drive. Not many do that.

I'd like to get a SuperPet one day. I think running FORTRAN IV on a Commodore PET would be amazing.

OK, that would be useful. But are you able to run the Waterloo 6809 code without SuperOS9 on the SuperPet? That is, run Fortran, etc without SuperOS9?

Also I think to run the SuperPet, the disk emulator would have to differentiate between drive 0: and drive 1: on the same device number drive. Not many do that.

I'd like to get a SuperPet one day. I think running FORTRAN IV on a Commodore PET would be amazing.

Yes, that's correct. You need two drives on the device. XD2031 will do this properly and Andre' recently fixed some problems with REL handling that had prevented OS-9 from working. I'm currently using an original PetSD with XD2031 firmware tethered to a Beaglebone running the server. It's a bit messy to have it all connected up and an all-in-one solution would be good as an alternative. Even more recently I fixed some longstanding problems in the SSE 'Hardbox' (Corvus interface for IEEE bus) and have hard drive support as well :).

Been a while since i've done much with my pet but wanted to update this thread for folks. One of the items with this petsd+ that always kinda bothered me was that my screen wasn't backlit up so it was hard to read. finally looked at the schematics to see what I could do about that and noted that the backlight was linked to 'JP1' next to J1 which wasn't mentioned in the documentation (that i saw). Soldering a connector there and putting a jumper on it (or I guess just wiring it up directly) gets the backlight to work. Anyway, just an FYI for folks building this, if your lcd of choice needs it.

Another thread update.. needed a case and none seemed to exist that you could print yourself. There's a pretty nice one that people can (maybe?) buy, but didn't seem worth it with the petsd+ development being abandoned - better to spend the money on one of the newer solutions. This one isn't anywhere near as nice as that case, but it'll do the job.

Another thread update.. needed a case and none seemed to exist that you could print yourself. There's a pretty nice one that people can (maybe?) buy, but didn't seem worth it with the petsd+ development being abandoned - better to spend the money on one of the newer solutions. This one isn't anywhere near as nice as that case, but it'll do the job.

I like this one https://www.tinkercad.com/things/iu8w26e5DdN-petsd-case-top-button-rev-13

I little fiddly to get together, but prints easy and looks somewhat "fancy".PXL_20210326_180309332 (1).jpg

I like this one https://www.tinkercad.com/things/iu8w26e5DdN-petsd-case-top-button-rev-13

I little fiddly to get together, but prints easy and looks somewhat "fancy".

Oh man, that would have been nice to know about a few weeks ago.. Haha.. I checked thingiverse and printables and there was nothing on either site. I didn't even know tinkercad had a place to share models (which is actually where I made mine). Anyway, thanks for sharing... so people at least have another option.

Back