• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Raspberry Pi update

Update: today it was my turn - I've just ordered a Raspberry Pi model B. :)
No idea how long it will take until I actually have it in my hands.

Well, color me surprised!
Yesterday, the man from DHL showed up with my Pi! The order confirmation mail said that I should get a notification mail when it shipped, but I didn't.
Doesn't matter - I'm happy now. Haven't had time to play with it yet - maybe later this evening.

Well, my second one is due tomorrow. I really it.
Don't expect a lot of speed. apt-get update && apt-get upgrade took about 20 minutes to run through. A 4 GB card leaves about 2 GB of workspace. Only other observation from me at this point is that I really need a case. With all of the cables running out of this poor little board it has a tendancy to fall off the desk.

Well, mine shipped today, which is earlier than the June 18th estimate they gave me...it's going to my old address, but what the hey, I can get it from the landlords. :D

Mine was shipped to the wrong zip code, so I should see mine tomorrow or Wednesday. It'll be exciting!

Are most of you ordering it through Europe or a US site? (since the last few folks are US based). Did it cost an ARM (ha) and a leg more than the $36 or whatever the base price was with the shipping?

Yup, they do already have emulators ported to it (NES for sure). That's typically what things end up as for myself although I already have a relatively small sized portable emulator with my modded psp. Still, never stops me from getting all my new gear to run old stuff. Heck I'd be more happy having the Pi emulate dos stuff in general. Then you have a nice dos system connected to an hdmi monitor ;-)

Still waiting, I was able to order it 5 weeks ago and they stated it would ship in about 9 weeks so I guess I have another month before I get it.

Back