• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Reasonably priced Intel 8/16 Ethernet cards are on eBay at the moment

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
These cards should work either in an 8 or 16 bit ISA bus and can add the wonderful world of networking to your machine.

You will need either ThinNet cabling or an AUI Transceiver. If you go the AUI route you can connect it to a modern twisted pair network using standard Cat 5 cables. Look for something like this:

CentreCOM_AT210TS_1_small.jpg

(The pictured item is an AT-210TS, but it's just a slightly slimmer form factor. Get whatever you can find for cheap.)

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the seller.

These cards should work either in an 8 or 16 bit ISA bus and can add the wonderful world of networking to your machine.

You will need either ThinNet cabling or an AUI Transceiver. If you go the AUI route you can connect it to a modern twisted pair network using standard Cat 5 cables. Look for something like this:

View attachment 57903

(The pictured item is an AT-210TS, but it's just a slightly slimmer form factor. Get whatever you can find for cheap.)

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the seller.

yeah I use that same TX on my WD8003 card, it works great

didn't someone figure out a way to get the super common 3c509 series cards to work in 8-bit as well?

If you need networking on a PC/XT you might as well relive the good old days of coax. ;)

I still have my old 3COM hubs with coax and cat5 plus some old coax cables with terminators somewhere.

If you need networking on a PC/XT you might as well relive the good old days of coax. ;)

I still have my old 3COM hubs with coax and cat5 plus some old coax cables with terminators somewhere.
Having lived through the commercial relevance of 10base2, no thanks. I'll save the 50ohm coax for radio use

It always amuses me to still see 10base2 in the wild. Last time I went to a bowling alley I noticed the computers that were driving the scoreboard things bolted to the ceiling were still sporting it.

Back