• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Reliable & resonable board house

BitWiz

Experienced Member
I am in need of several of Roland Huisman's boards (M933, H851 extender, etc.) and I'm looking for a recommendation for a board house that is reasonable who can do these boards well. Especially the gold edge connectors.

Also, there has been some debate on the gold thickness.

I've never ordered boards before so any recommendation on board manufacturing specs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Oshpark is hugely expensive for anything larger than 2 sq. inches in my experience.
I have fully switched over to JLCPCB for all my boards, large or small.
2$ PCBs (qty 5) and reasonable /fast shipping from China.

They have a really good UI - almost as good as Oshpark - and it is very user friendly.

I've never had a problem with OSHPark and they're fairly local (Portland, OR). They're more expensive than the Chinese, but after you include shipping from Asia, the price gap narrows.

I've never had a problem with OSHPark and they're fairly local (Portland, OR). They're more expensive than the Chinese, but after you include shipping from Asia, the price gap narrows.

They are local (I'm in Beaverton), but I think they're just repackaging and reshipping JLPCB orders. Going in with others saves money if your boards are small.

A possibly hidden part of the agenda here is that I think the OP is hoping to create Omnibus boards. At 750+ square inches, OSHPark is not competitive. They also can't do the hard gold edge connectors.

I second the recommendations above of JLPCB for non-gold, and PCBcart for hard gold edge connectors.

The prices are so low, I don't even mind that shipping basically doubles the price.

Vince

Last week I ordered 5 PCBs and parts for 3 new RAM prototypes Sunday, and had the boards (JLPCB) and parts (Mouser) in hand Friday afternoon. $64 all-in for the PCBs and shipping. (Rather more for the parts.)

Back