• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Rolm - Nova Mother load

Qbus

Veteran Member
I was contacted by a person who bought out the majority of equipment from the old Rolm cooperation. He was doing service on the systems back when they were still being used by the government. He is looking at relocating from the Cecil Maryland area and wants to sell of the remainder of his stock. Think this will include at least one or two 1602 systems, some 1666 systems, disk drives, heads and a lot of cables and the like.

He also has a couple thousand IC and spare parts in bins.

I bought stuff from him before and know that’s he is legit but has no interest is shipping or selling one or two of something. He is looking for $1,000.00 for everything. I can help with setting up the deal, know the location and can help move all the stuff being it would be a truckload but the seller have no desire to do the shipping that would be involved.

I already have a couple working 1602 systems now but would be interested in maybe more parts and possibly the integrated circuits.

If you got no idea what a 1602 is its militarized Nova, addresses, commands and everything is identical to the Nova except it’s a thousand times more durable then the Data General Nova. Think the 1666 is the same as the Eclipse 3 or 4

Contact me off list directly if interested.

Also this is my annual appeal for a paper tape copy of Basic for the Nova system being after all these years and everything else still need it.

Qbus - I have been a member for a while but can't send direct message because I haven't posted enough. I am very interested in the lot if it is still available. I will be in the area the week of July 17th, and could arrange for pickup.

Back