• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Sound Cards For Sale Tracker

Guy's keep up this page. I'm looking for a CT1320C for my collection.Been looking for quite awhile. It's the last one I need. Buy or trade. Thanks

So search the interwebs and keep it up :) It's not overly hard to perform searches (I believe that Peter even goes over what his search terms were in one of his posts on here) - It just takes a bit of time and dedication.

As for a CT1320C.... I've a spare, loose card. What's your offer? I like Roland hardware, Sierra games/software (especially the On-Line systems variety), and pretty much any interesting sound hardware that I don't already have.

Regarding the LAPC-I.

Someone paid THAT much, and it's not even complete?

I wonder what mine would be worth? That's the card, in perfect/tested/guaranteed condition, original manuals (that's incl the MPU one as well), the MCB breakout unit for external midi connections, original mint boxes, plus piles of extra loadable patches, etc, etc.

Of course, I'm NOT thinking of selling it. I still use it, both as sound card, AND more importantly as midi interface connecting PC to other (more powerful) midi units. Even so, I think that price is plain DAFT. Can it be REAL?

Geoff

Sure. I have sold many for $600+. It is considered the holy grail of sound cards for early DOS gaming.

Too bad you can't manufacture replicas for less. :)

Is there technical documentation on-line for a LAPC-I or MT-32 module? eg schematics, etc?

Any what advantages does an MPU-401/MPU-IPC MIDI interface provide over a simple UART based one?

Last edited:
Very early games require intelligent mode. The LA synthesis has been documented and a software emulator already exists. SoftMPU will turn UART into intelligent. HardMPU has SoftMPU imbedded. Music Quest intelligent clones are in production. MIF-IPC-A replicas were also in production to connect BOBs to PCs.

MIF-IPC-A: http://cgi.ebay.com/292239369115

Last edited:
Is the emulator you refer to MUNT? Might it be of any use to me, given that I have a fully working 'real thing'? I'd like to get hold of anything that might aid understanding of the workings of the card.

I already have two versions of the Dr T patch/tone editor, and 1000+ patches, which I keep trying to make sense of. Also, various software packages that all use the MPU interface and work quite happily with the LAPC and with other devices via the MPU.

Geoff

Back