• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vintage 1995 Pionex 486 DX2 66 Mhz Computer

Stamped in the top right corner of it is MVO 9450 D302. I'll post pics. Just noticed a chip on the video card says Phoenix BIOS. AMIBIOS is on the motherboard.

On the other side of the board I found a chip labeled S3 805 EAAJ2. It's a VGA VESA video card. The jumper that fell off is labeled JP1.

Attachments

• CArd 1.jpg
    CArd 1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Card 2.jpg
    Card 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 2
  • Card 3.jpg
    Card 3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Stamped in the top right corner of it is MVO 9450 D302. I'll post pics. Just noticed a chip on the video card says Phoenix BIOS. AMIBIOS is on the motherboard.

On the other side of the board I found a chip labeled S3 805 EAAJ2. It's a VGA VESA video card. The jumper that fell off is labeled JP1.

What does that FCC ID near the VGA connector say?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found the card. No info on the jumpers, unfortunately, but it looks like similar cards have jumpers for IRQ 2/9 and VLB wait states.

Last edited:
KC7-S3805

I looked up the FCC ID since I couldn't find any information otherwise and it says the applicant name for that board is "Full Yes Industrial Corp" located in Taiwan. Date associated with it is October 4, 1994.

The video card has three jumpers installed total : the one in JP1 that went loose, one in JP5, and the last in JP6. Not sure why that would have been installed if it didn't have a reason to be there but maybe so.

Oh, and I didn't see if anyone had answered your earlier question, but one of those PS/2 to 5-pin adapters would be a great idea if you already have a PS/2 keyboard around you can use.

I got the CRT monitor and it displayed no input on the screen before I plugged it into the video card, then it went to sleep when I plugged it into the video card even before I turned the computer on.

I ordered a ps/2 to 5-pin din adapter so I should be getting that soon. I guess I should get an ISA video card as well from the looks of it.

I got the CRT monitor and it displayed no input on the screen before I plugged it into the video card, then it went to sleep when I plugged it into the video card even before I turned the computer on.

I ordered a ps/2 to 5-pin din adapter so I should be getting that soon. I guess I should get an ISA video card as well from the looks of it.

Did you try taking that jumper back off yet and seeing if it displays anything when it does the double beep?

Just did it and it didn't do the double beep or display anything. Tried taking the video card out again and no video error beep code now either for some reason. Monitor still displays no input, then goes to sleep when plugged into video card and remains off when computer is powered on. Once it is unhooked from the card at any point the no input shows back on the screen.

Got the ps/2 to din adapter today and no display or beeps with the ps/2 keyboard hooked to it. I'll see if I can get ahold of a different ISA video card at some point now. If that's not it is the motherboard probably dead?

Just to be sure the keyboard/adapter combo is working properly you need to try it in another (known to be working) AT machine. There's always that small chance that the combo is not functioning properly.

I bought the adapter and it was advertised as unused. When I have the keyboard plugged into the adapter when the computer is turned on, however, the Scroll lock, caps lock, etc light up for a second then go blank, and won't come back on when I press those keys. I don't know if there is sometimes an issue with keyboards not working with the adapter or if it doesn't work like you suggest. I'm also puzzled why it's no longer giving any beep codes. On another note I found some of the display cables were in the wrong place, so I fixed that and the display lights all light up now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWi2isNNapE

Hopefully I can get this thing fixed. I got an offer on it at $125 plus shipping in working shape. Still need to get an ISA VESA slot video card at some point. I picked up some mostly new in box RAM recently if anyone's interested in a trade.

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 HyperX 4G RAM (opened)
NIB G-Skill 2Gx2 SODIMM RAM (Lifetime warranty)
2 NIB Corsair 512MB SODIMM RAM

Attachments

• RAM.jpg
    RAM.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Well I got an old AT computer today hoping I could get an ISA video card out of it to check that, but it's a PCI video card. The RAM slots are different too so I couldn't make sure they are all working. I do know for sure that the PS/2 to din adapter works fine now, as it worked on the computer I just got. Additionally, I got a din keyboard with the computer and it didn't light up at all with the Pionex, but the PS/2 one would light up momentarily with the adapter. Odd.

In any case looks like I'll be listing that computer on the forums well. It's currently working fine. Power supply was clicking loudly for first few minutes on startup so I replaced it and it's running smoothly now. Has Windows 95 installed.

Last edited:
I ordered a tested working CIRRUS LOGIC model CLVGA5428VL VESA video card today and still, no video. Will probably buy a brand new replacement RTC chip after I breadboard this with the new card.

I turned it on with only RAM-new video card-CPU- and PSU connected and got no display,no beeps.

Last edited:
I ordered a tested working CIRRUS LOGIC model CLVGA5428VL VESA video card today and still, no video. Will probably buy a brand new replacement RTC chip after I breadboard this with the new card.

I turned it on with only RAM-new video card-CPU- and PSU connected and got no display,no beeps.

In my humble opinion you seem to be investing rather a lot of time, effort and money into something that won't be worth an awful lot at the end of it. Why not just part it out and sell as-is?

I've been messing with it for a while off and on since I don't know too much about troubleshooting and figure if nothing else I'll learn something from it. I've had it listed three times now on Ebay for sale as is for parts/repair and every time it has sold the buyers didn't read my listing and thought it was in working condition, so so far that hasn't been working too well for me. Fortunately I sent a confirmation email to ensure they knew it wasn't working before I shipped anything! I currently have an offer on it for $175 plus shipping though in working shape, so that's nice, but I prefer to check what I can before I just sell it at a large discount as for parts. Besides what I paid for it, a $3 din to PS/2 adapter to use my keyboard on it, and a $13 video card I don't have anything else in it at the moment.

Last edited:
Found out the speaker wasn't connected fully resulting in no beeps on prior tests. With only CPU, GPU, RAM and PSU attached I get a continuous long beep as shown in the video below. I'm hoping cleaning the contacts on the RAM will resolve the issue since I read that beep code usually indicates RAM problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfcKYRsaFI

Or it's indicating no CPU / fault with CPU. In my experience Ram faults are usually 'beep coded' whereas the long continuous beep is something more sinister.

I'm guessing we'll all get a huge discount if this thing works again, in exchange for the free tech support :)

Back