• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Whatttuuppppp

Hello Everyone: My name is Sean and I own and operate a computer and electronics recovery and recycling company. I joined the forum back in August but have yet to introduce myself until now. I will eventually get around to listing my collection with pix .The collection is extensive and a weeks worth of work including photo’s. And it grows weekly.

I am sort of computer illiterate when compared to the members on this site. But I have been collecting what most people consider junk and throw away. My collection of computers is not something that I actually use but I consider that the neglect that I give them by not using them I have made up for by saving them from disposal, destruction and or packed away somewhere disassembled.

When they come through I rescue them, clean them, reassemble them then I call in the GEEK..(My little brother) who gets them up and running. I also have a OCD problem. I have to save everything that dates before 1990.Parts, components, software (that I have no clue what it does or how to use it) I have had to draw the line at printers and monitors.

I favor anything DEC/DIGITAL and Texas Inst...Not for there working capabilities but because of the board design and chips..

My real interest are vintage components (Sprague capacitors, Western electric transformers,IC's and vintage CPU's and chips. and anything surveillance related.

I am looking to trade a vintage one of a kind but never seem to work. What I consider to be a completely useless Girlfriend...She doesn’t eat much. She is a Excellent detective and can find anything (except a job), thinks common sense is a rap group, will listen to anybody and everybody except me. So if anyone is interested just shoot me an email .She will most likely read it before me.

Last edited:
Sean,

You're a good man for saving all that dec hardware from the dump. When the spring comes, you should haul some down to Cambridge for the MIT Flea Market. You'll surely raise more than enough to take that nice girlfriend of yours out to dinner (and have plenty left over since she doesn't eat much.)

Lou

I love people who doesn't mindlessly throw stuff away :) And there are more dec-nuts here. Me included :D

Very welcome to the forums.

Back