• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Working 386/486 Laptop

Super-Slasher

Experienced Member
I've tried looking on eBay, now I'm looking here.

Quite basically, I'm looking for a 386/486 laptop that MUST be in working condition and comes with an AC adapter/plugin; no batteries needed.

I need said laptop to take notes and work on personal material while at college, and seeing how I do the majority, if not all of my notes and personal work in Notepad, I only need a laptop that can support Windows 3.1 minimum.

If you have one lying around, preferably with a carrying case, and don't have any plans for it, please tell me! I'll take it off of your hands for a good price (if our definations of "good" don't differ too much, hehe).

Maybe you can try posting on a local for sale newsgroup.

Great for shiiping ;)

I bet there are tons of people out there with computers which match your criteria, and think that those computers are of little or no value.

Good luck, and I wish I could clone (pardon the pun), my 386-sx 20 notebook for you.

Chris

Super-Slasher said:
*whimper* No one has one? :cry:

hehe, maybe some tears will get me one...

Nope. I already sold mine (on eBay, $25.00). I'm surprised you can't turn up one on eBay, I always see lots of notebooks of that vintage. They usually sell for about $10.00-25.00.

--T

Still need one? I have a Digital HiNote 486DX4-75 with a color screen cheap!

old laptops

old laptops

hello all,
I'm currently located in Tokyo - Akihabara (Electric Town) has a lot of second hand dealers where I can get historic laptops for relaively cheap. 386/486 models could be rare, but early P1 models (the original 1st VAIO series) is available at accepatbel prices. Other early laptops go for around US-$20 - US$ 50. Shipping may be more expensive, exotic spares are available too. PM me if you look for something specific - I'll be in the US during February but will return to Tokyo for good after that.

Back