• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Working Altair 8800bT on ebay

alltare

Experienced Member
Erik-
Is it OK to put this notice here? Or should I move it elsewhere? Please delete it if not appropriate. Thanks.

=================================

I just put a working 8800bT on ebay, with 48K of Static RAM, 2 serial ports, Turnkey board with firmware, and a bunch of extras. Please take a look if you get a chance.

ebay item # 260433334744
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260433334744

Thanks
Steve

Heya Steve,

Good luck with the sale!

It was more appropriate in the Auctions area (since you're pointing to an off-site auction rather than selling here) so I moved it.

Thanks, Erik and Admiral.

Wow! It sold in less than 24 hours. It was as close to new condition as a 30 year old used computer can be- I guess that's why.

I'm selling off part of my collection. Next up is an 8800B (with full front panel) in almost the same condition. I think it will be listed in ~2 or 3 weeks. After that, an immaculate IMSAI 8800, a rare MITS/Icom Attache, and an Altair 680b.

Steve
=================================

Beautiful piece of equipment!

Wow Steve,

Well definitely let us know when those are posted. I'll start buying lotto tickets now but that's great the turnkey sold so well. I like the full front panel ones myself but as always it's not a good time for my budget. Never the less definitely post a thread when you put them up :)

Congrats on the quick sale!

I wish I'd have set some of my hobby money aside for the 8800B. . . been wanting to add one of those for some time.

Maybe next time. :)

Best of luck! (and please consider the marketplace for some items if you can.)

Back