• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest Xerox 850 Mini Computer in Peoria, IL for 199

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

twolazy

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
Found this looking for some other stuff. Sadly I dont have the budget atm for it (over 3 hours away so would have to do some car maintance as well, plus budget to get her working again), so figured I pass it along, perhaps someone here would be interested...

Peoria, Illinois

The 850 is sort of a feature-depleted 860 IPS. This unit doesn't seem to have the CRT Display option; just work it through the LCD display attached to the Hitype KSR. (early Artec word processors worked the same way--CRT was a pricey option). The 850 has all of its software in ROM, unlike the 860. It really is a dedicated word processor.

Eh if the 8" drives still work, a good deal still... rest would be free if not net a few dollars. :)

But you hit it on the head, I really would like an 860 not the 850. That was the deal breaker for me.

Back