• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by floyd20183

1. F

Everex Systems Version 3 memory expansion and multi I/O with RTC

Hi, I have recently found an 8bit Everex Systems Version 3 memory expansion and multi I/O with RTC card but have no idea what the jumpers should be if I want to put this into an IBM 5160 that already has 256k RAM. Does anyone perhaps have some documentation for this card ? I could just keep...
  2. F

IBM CGA to Phillips CM8833

Hello to all. I have done some googling and still don't seem to find a definitive example of whether or not it is possible to connect a 9pin IBM CGA card to the RGB TTL DIN connector on the rear of the Phillips CM8833 monitor. I suspect that this may not be possible without additional...
  3. F

IBM System/34 5340 rescue in South Africa

Hi, I am in the process of trying to resucue 2 IBM System/34 model 5340 units. One has twin "large" hard disk units (seems to be single platter) and the other a single smaller multi-platter hard disk unit. There are no terminals or external peripherals with the units but there are a series of 8"...
  4. F

VAX and PDP books looking for a home

I have recently acquired about 80+ VAX and PDP handbooks and have some spares if anyone is interested. I am based in South Africa and assume that the books are far more available in other parts of the world but it seems such a waste to recycle these without first checking if anyone would be...
  5. F

Vintage Computer Club of South Africa

Hi there, I am trying to get a vintage computing group together in Johannesburg (Gauteng) , South Africa. The aim is to cover vintage computers (pre 1990), software and games consoles of a similar age. If anyone is interested please let me know. The contact information can be found in...
  6. F

Hello from South Africa

Just a note to say hi! to everyone on the forum. I have used the forums numerous times when trying to better understand some of the items I have collected and have finally decided to post for the first time. My collection is mainly focused on IBM PC and DOS related software due to my early...
Back