• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Gerardcjat

1. G

686 PCI/PNP BIOS ( 40 pinQFP )

Recently, about a month or so, someone ask about it. I cannot help, but I would like to find this post again, and I am unsuccessfull. I tried **** A LOT *** of ( even advanced ) search with the following keyword : 686, PCI/PNP, Award, BIOS, Intel, ( 40 pin qfp ), TL866 and did not find this...
  2. G

SBC Pentium 4 does not Boot with very strange behavior

HELP Please ! I have an SBC, Pentium 4 based, that does not boot. POST code is "infinite short beeps" I tried a LOT of fixes, without succes... ( exchanging RAM, cpu, etc ... ) Then, I REMOVED the CPU and get the same beeps sequence I think : STRANGE, should be the WDT ..... But this one is...
  3. G

Need Help : "Direct" Print screen, under DOS and EVEN under "BIOS outputs" ???

Need Help : "Direct" Print screen, under DOS and EVEN under "BIOS outputs" ??? If my memory does not fail, on vintage PC and Tandy / RS, one was able to "directly" Print Screen to the printer, command was something like : "*" + Print screen . Well, is there NOWADAY a simple way, to dump the...
  4. G

Question on a 8" drive Shugart 851

I would like to connect it to my PC/XT but first of all, I have a question on the drive itself. I understand that a 851 is able to "decode" HARD SECTORS through photo-transistors But what I do not know : Does that means that this drive can ONLY read/write HARD sectored diskettes or can it be...
  5. G

3M 7400 8 inch HEAD CLEANING DISKETTES for 8" Floppy Disk Drive Sealed

Spotted on Ebay today ...... RARE, but seems (very) expensive to me !! If any interest ... link : title is complete for a search on it. Not affiliated etc, etc .... ;-)
  6. G

Zilog System disk on an 8" diskette ( hard sectored ) ( $4 )

Spotted on Epay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dysan-8-in-Flexible-Disk-hard-sectored-1-pc-used-/281847552165?hash=item419f6c58a5:g:BiIAAOSw9N1VwktF Of interest for someone ?? Not affiliated with etc ..... ;) BTW : Am I in the good file for that kind of post / information ?? PS2 : Seller has...
  7. G

HP 9885M 8 INCH FLOPPY (MASTER) DISK DRIVE on Ebay canada. $50 + shipping

Obviously NOT mine ;-) Could be interesting for HP collectors. http://www.ebay.fr/itm/HP-9885M-8-INCH-FLOPPY-MASTER-DISK-DRIVE-/331699887978?hash=item4d3ada9f6a:g:QeUAAOSw7hRWOlhG As far as I know, that was the first 8" drive that one could connect to an HP 2100, 1000, 21Mx ....etc ...
  8. G

Anyone with a PLOTTER connected to his vintage PC ???

I have searched the blog and did not find anything :confused:. Does someone have an ( old ) PLOTTER, connected to his vintage PC ? I was surprised that a search with " HP ( or HPGL ) PLOTTER " did not show any results ?? Did I miss something ??
  9. G

May I enter the PC 5155 Club ? ;-)

About a month ago, I bought a 5155, quite dead, said the previous owner. To avoid any ( more ? ) damage, I did not power it up and decided to visually check it, first. Upon opening, it appeared very clean inside and also very basic : 256 K memory,in 4 banks, on motherboard 2 x 5.1/4 disk...
  10. G

Bernoulli / IOmega ** 8" ** Drives ... Any user / owner on this Forum ???

Almost All is in the title .... Then ... Who own and "may be" ;-) use one ?? How difficult ( and expensive ? ) is it to get the 8" specific cartridges ??
  11. G

DEC Software ( RT 11 ?? ) on Epay , today ...

If of interest for someone : http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400660712604&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:FR:3160 on TWO eight inches floppies. This vendor has also, NON DEC stuff : BORLAND TURBO DEBUGGER TURBO C++ and CPM/M DIGITAL RESEARCH 1978 8 inch FLOPPY DISK but seems, in my...
  12. G

Probably Out Of Topic, sorry for that ...

I would like to ask the following. Where do you suggest I post it ?? ( THIS file is, so far, the only one I am used to ... ) Who was the first company to offer HARD DISK to small ( personal ) computers ?? I emphasize : HARD DISK, either included in a small personal computer OR offered as an...
  13. G

Preventive maintenance on PDP 11/23 fans ??

Best whishes for the new year, to everyone !! @ Lou : Thanks, one more time, for your help. Here are the pic. Do you think these can be easily disassembled ?? As there is no noise so far, may be better : "if it's not broken, don't fix it" ?? But on the other hand ... now that every...
  14. G

Preventive maintenance on PDP 11/23 fans ??

Did someone ever lubricated ( oiled ) fans on a PDP 11/23 ?? The ones I own ( so far without working noise !) do not appear allowing such maintenance : No rubber "cap", as I would have guessed, but kind of metal cap. Any suggestion ??
  15. G

RX 01/02 connected to an old IBM PC running DOS ??

Hello all, Does someone ever make this connection ?? It would be nice, both to check the RX 01/02 unit AND then to "download" DEC sofware on 8" diskettes but, I think, some dedicated driver ( under DOS ?? ) is required. Any path to follow for that ? Thanks !
Back