• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by inakito

1. inakito

Epson PX8 Ram Disk stuck at start

Hi everybody. My PX8 works well when the RAM Disk is not installed. However, when Ram Disk 64K is plugged in, the screen gets stuck. There are two versions: sometimes I can only see the cursor blinking at the left top row, other times I can see "59.5KB CP/M 2.22 B" and then the cursor blinking...
  2. inakito

NEC D4265C

Thanks guys!. There are 16 chips on board. It is described in the pdf as "very low power standby mode with auto-refresh", so I think it would fit the purpose. The module that contains the chips is an Epson PX8 labeled "Ram Disk 120". Invoice is dated late 1984. It contains a battery inside...
  3. inakito

NEC D4265C

Hi, does anyone know which component is this? It might be a static ram but have not found any info. It is in stock in a couple of stores but the datasheet is missing. It belongs to an Epson Ram Disk.
  4. inakito

Epson PX8 apparently dead

I own this PX8 since many years ago. I was going to put it for sale but on testing it i realized it was apparently dead. The unit stays dead even after some hours of battery charging. No leds blinking, no signs on the lcd,... I am using the original Epson PSU, 6V/600mA, center negative. I have...
  5. inakito

Chromatics MX2500 2000x2000 monitor

Hi, the Chromatics MX2500, released on 1991, featured an impressive 2000x2000 pixels resolution, but, which was the graphics card intended to drive this monitor?. I have found an IEEE article about this monitor which talks vaguely about "several" cards able to manage this monitor. Do you...
  6. inakito

IBM 8514 video signal

Hi everybody, I was trying to capture the IBM 8514 video signal and have found some inconsistencies compared to 8514 documentation. 1024x768 interlaced mode. I am not using the real 8514 source but an Extron video generator, that, supposedly, generates an 8514 compatible video signal. First, I...
  7. inakito

BD11 unknown connector on CC analog board?

I have found that the pins 10 and 14 on Color Classic are involved on power soft management. But there is another detail that picked up my interest. One of these pins (14) is connected to an empty connector, labeled as BD11 on the analog board. Which could be the function of this (apparently now...
  8. inakito

Does Mac Color Classic have the Boot From ROM option?

I have been checking the logic board of my CC separated from the analog board, trying to find the faulting part. The logic board alone apparently does work, as I can see the boot screen, i mean the mouse cursor and the diskette logo flashing. Might I do anything else without connecting the...
  9. inakito

Mac Color Classic repair

Hi, i am trying to repair a Mac Color Classic. It was working some years ago. One day I tried to start it and the machine was dead. Not a single sound or signal coming out of the cpu. I have been told that for starters i should remove the logic board and power on the analog part alone, and that...
  10. inakito

Plot II Graphics Table

Hi, the Plot II Graphics Table is an old device for Apple II which allows to digitize vectors. It uses two rotary encoders (or perhaps simple potentiometers) to encode a 2D coordinate. My question is about how it connects to the Apple II. It has a DIP 16 pin connector that I believe should...
  11. inakito

Sinclair Cambridge Calulator Programming Cards, whole collection

I owned many years ago a Sinclair Cambridge calculator. The calculator itself died some years ago but I still preserve the programming cards that came with it. In case anyone is interested I can give them away, provided you pay postage.
  12. inakito

Chord Keyboards

Did anyone work with one of those so called, 'chord keyboards' ?. The one I remember was Microwrite made in UK. Did these keyboards have any success? Apparently these allowed typing speeds way beyond common keyboards and all with one hand!
  13. inakito

Zax ICD 278 for Z80

Hi. Does anyone know where can i find some imformation for ZAX ICD 278? i would like to get the 2.0 firmware and the host software as well. On the web i have found the manual, but not any software. I have found barely 6 web pages, all pointing to the same document. The product latest date was...
  14. inakito

FS: intel SDK 86

Yes, this is the original "intel SDK 86". This was the *very first* computer board running on intel 8086 CPU. It is mounted and apparently in working state, although I cannot warrant it is in "perfect working order". Simple commands do work however. Bus expansion and prototype area are clean...
  15. inakito

Computer History Museum in Mountain View CA

If you have had the chance to visit the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, may you share your opinion?. Does it worth the trouble to visit this museum?.
Back