• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by marc.hull

1. M

xtide cf issues.....getting started

Bought a xtide card and have spent some time trying to get it to function in a laser turbo xt. The Xtide is cabled to a startech cf adapter holding a 256 mb sandisk cf. What I have done is... Formatted the cf (tried both FAT and FAT 32.) This led to a disk that could be seen by the xtide...
  2. M

way off topic CMOPS battery question.

I have a Dell OPTI 380 SLIM that appear to have a bad CMOS battery and I cannot find any info on which battery it is and I cannot currently take the box apart to see it. Any help would be appreciated. Marc.
  3. M

PROGRAMMING PAL's

Hello all. I have a friend who is needing to program some PAL12L6NC's. He has obtained the parts and the programmer and knows the equations but needs help in getting them to the pal. I was hoping someone would have some experience in this and could recommend a programming language to do this...
  4. M

Compaq Armada 4220T

I pulled this off the shelf in the hopes of making a WIN98 Machine to send to someone who needs one. It had Linux on it so I reformatted the disk and installed DOS from a WIN 98 Start up disk and now have an issue and a quandary... Issue: Pressing F10 during boot does not enter the BIOS set...
  5. M

Floppy drive questions....

Subject is 5.25" 1.2 MB drives.... Are these drives typically/always 80 track ? If not, will simply changing the speed effectively turn them into 360K drives or is the lowest common denominator 720K ? I have a feeling that this is not possible but I am not sure and holding out for the...
  6. M

8 bit ISA SB card and joystick questions....

Unrelated questions that is. I was lucky enough (in my opinion anyhow) to score an 8 bit ISA sound blaster card for my XT clone. It's in the mail and should arrive sometime soon. Now when it arrives I won't know what to do with it (meaning I don't know what software utilizes it.) I'd love...
  7. M

Seagate ST01 or ST02 w v 3.3 BIOS....

Hello I would like to purchase or trade for a known working Seagate SCSI card ST01 or ST02 with BIOS 3.3 or greater. I need it to work in 8 bit mode and on other branded drives. Floppy support is not required just need it to be bootable and work on Quantum drives. And.... go...;-)... Thanks...
  8. M

general questions

3 Questions I'd like to get answered today gents.... 1... I have an XT clone that I have started using as an EPROM station this last week. Specifically for 2716's as my new one doesn't even know what 2716's are. This weekend I noticed a couple of time that the PS just shut off. A couple of...
  9. M

VTECH Laser XT now operating but still need some clues...

For a while I have been fixing an old XT clone and am seemingly at a good point. Mobo is working now as well as is the monitor (last time I ever screw with one of those.) They both tested my very limited skills but hard hardheadedness won out in the end. The Hard drive seems to be hopeless...
  10. M

Advice on programmer/tester

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am currently looking for a tool that can both test IC's and program EPROMS (as well as other devices.) There are plenty of them available I know, but being ignorant of the subject I was hoping some of you with more experience could chime in with some...
  11. M

Odd (to me) monitor issue

I have a Commodore 1084 monitor that has a bit of an issues. If I set it to composite video it works fine. If I set it to RGB (analog) then the red is shifted almost one char space to the right. Anyone have any ideas ?
  12. M

Keyboard Foam pads....

A while back there was a fellow selling replacement, foam keyboard pads for...well, old keyboards. I purchased some to refurb a Keyboard for a TI and now find myself needing another batch but the listing is no longer on the auction venue. If your the guy who saved my butt last time and you see...
  13. M

Laser xt lives... sort of

Thanks to you guys I got this old XT to boot off of floppy. Problem now is that either the hard drive or controller or cables or something is flaky. On occasion the hard drive is recognized and I can catalog it and run some programs out of the root. I haven't had much luck with the sub...
  14. M

360 K 5.25" floppy in an XT

I have an old Vtech Laser XT clone that I am trying to get to work and have a couple of questions about the floppy drive on IBM clones..... 1) does the drive need to be jumpered as drive 1 or drive 2 in a single drive system ? 2) Does the drive need to be place before the cable twist or after...
  15. M

5.25" floppy drive bible ?

Need help here.... I have six or so 5.25" floppy drives that I have accumulated over the last while. They look good lining the wall but I'd like to get some use out of them. Problem is that info on these drives is hard to find (at least for me.) Surely there must be a clearing house that...
Back