• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

3.5 floppy drive

Hi, i have a problem with my 3.5 floppy drive (dockable or parallel cable). When i first received it, i found that the drive belt had dislodged itself. I managed to put the belt back into position, but when i connect it either into the laptop bay or using the parallel cable, it will not read...
  2. C

Pcmcia Card

I have a windows 95 laptop, that has pcmcia slots. Can anybody tell me if i can use a pcmcia card that was on a Mac powerbook (circa 1996). I believe the only difference is with software driver which i can get from the manufacturer website, but thought i would ask first. thanks in advance.
  3. C

Dell Latitude LM P-133ST

Hey all, so long story short, i managed to revive an old 1996 laptop. it would power on but stall out at bios, it is a complete unit with cdrom and parallel floppy disc, albeit when i tried the floppy disc but realized it had a broken belt drive. I managed to install the latest edition of...
  4. C

Mortality & apple ii

Anyone ever thought about what they would do with their apple ii wares when the inevitable happens? I was with a few friends over at the bar and conversations came up about some of our unique and bizarre items we have and cherish and what would happen to them when we pass. I got to thinking...
  5. C

Non-loadable Software using CFFA3000

Hi all, ive googled for any list on software that is not able to run on the cffa3000, i have not found such a list, unless somebody does have a link please put it in thread. Anyways from my own experience with my archived software (d/loaded from asimov) the list below are just some of the...
  6. C

IIgs owner: Prosel or GSOS?

Would like to hear from IIgs owners out there. Which do you prefer to use; Prosel 8/16 or GSOS? On my system I currently run on System 6.0.1, while its nice graphically its pretty slow, and I hate how the windows do not close when you open them up, especially if you have to dig deep into a...
  7. C

4meg GS briel card on Ebay

no affliation, just came up in my searches, but I believe the maker of this card is selling it on ebay for $59.00, instead of $89.00. Do these actually output 4meg, and does anybody have them in their system and if so, how are they? There are 2 available as of apr. 25.
  8. C

ADTpro & Hard drive

Hi All, need some assistance here, looked over at ADTpro sourceforge forum and i didnt find the answer to my question. That said, i want to know if there is a way to exclusively transfer a disk image (ie: 2mg, dsk shk) using ADtpro send command and ultimately have it reside to a HD partition...
  9. C

More Ram?

Hi, So Ive searched the forums but nothing specifically came up, so im inquiring about the addition of more ram for the apple iigs rom 3. Since the computer already has 1mb onboard, is it really necessary to add in more memory? Ive seen alot of expansion memory cards on Ebay going for a fair...
  10. C

Monitor Teardown

Hi, I have two apple monitors that needs complete de-yellowing: - 9inch green monochrome monitor used for //c (RCA). http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Apple_Monitor_IIc.jpg - 12 or 13inch color monitor (applecolor RCA version not composite)...
  11. C

wtb: Hi-Speed SCSI card for Apple IIgs

Hi, Looking for a working and complete Hi Speed SCSI card for my Apple IIgs Rom 3. If you have one, please let me know your price, and if so, some pictures. thanks.
  12. C

IIgs rom 3, ADTpro 1.2.6 + Windows 7 64bit

Hey All, need help on this one. I recently aquired a IIgs with a 3.5 and 5.25 drives. First program i would like to get is System 6.0.1 gsos. The problem i have is i cant seem to get any transferring between the iigs and the PC. I start ADTpro on the PC, then IN#2, <ctrl-a>14b on the iigs...
  13. C

//c as a hobbyist machine (Was: "Now what?")

Alright, so since aquiring the //c, ive aquired a //e mouse, cracked them open, cleaned the internals, deyellowed the cases, and the computer is looking brand new and working (got the original MOUSEPAINT with the //e mouse, abeit the mouse arrow is very slow with this machine). Now im looking...
  14. C

Apple //c tear down

Hi Folks, im about to embark on disassembling the //c for de-yellowing its case, mouse, and the small //c monitor. Would appreciate any tips or steps on how to do this without breaking anything. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
  15. C

Apple //e mouse

Hi, im new to the forum, i recently found an early model apple //c from my local thrift store. Doing some research i found that this computer can be used with a mouse, and i have sourced one locally through craigslist but would like to know if it would work with this machine. The one being sold...
Back