• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Apple II Pascal-Where to Start?

OK, 6502 assembly language is fun to learn, but I'm not going to be coding anything fun for quite awhile. So, might as well go back to Pascal. How do I get started doing Pascal programming on an Apple II E or earlier? I tried downloading the files off apple2info.net, but now I need a file named...
  2. M

Mac SE Needs Hard Drive Repair

Each time I boot up my Mac SE a warning window comes up saying that it can't create a certain file image/icon for one of the files on my desktop, and it asks me to do repairs. So I click on the 'Okay' button and the computer restarts, then works fine-until after I close out of a program, be it...
  3. M

Mac SE Hard Dive repai

Well, yet another obstacle in the soap opera that is my Mac SE. After saving a 'Mac Paint' file onto my hard disc, an error pops up which says the hard disc needs minor repair. I click on Okay and it then says an image cannot be put on the desktop. Then it restarts, and everything works fine...
  4. M

Trouble copying floppies on Mac SE

One of the games I bought (Archon) works terrific, but a back-up would be nice. I do what the reference manual instructs, dragging one 'disk' onto another. Some files are copied, but there are a few errors which pop-up, informing me that some files cannot be copied. Any thoughts?
  5. M

Need Mac SE Software

Several games I bought on e-Bay just don't work at all or the disks have been damaged. If anyone knows how and is willing to put old Macintosh games and other programs on 3.5 inch floppies, feel free to e-mail me, please. Am getting desperate to play some old games the way they were meant to be...
  6. M

Coding Own Random Maze.

Well, I am tired of BASIC Computer Game's random maze not being applicable to my program, so I'm now studying up on depth-first maze generation. Right now I am just trying to get the maze and walls all set up so that I can easily go about coding the path finding. Am I on the right track in terms...
  7. M

Any good Apple II emulators for Mac OS?

Well, Calormen's Javascript Applesoft is down-at least when I go on. Can anyone suggest a good Apple II emulator for Mac OS? Wanna get back to doing some coding. ^^
  8. M

Space Shooter in Applesoft BASIC?

I'm able to make a rectangle 'shoot' bullets, so a space-shooter type game seeks like a decent project. Of course, there's no way lo-res Applesoft can be used to make something along the lines of Galaga, but it would be fun just to shoot at 'something'. To keep track of enemies, I think I need...
  9. M

Applesoft BASIC Pongprogram.

I've been doing a little bit on this program every few nights. It's far from a complete package, but for now, what do people think? Calormen's Applesoft emulator works great! Also, sorry if including my website is considered SPAM. If it is then I'll edit the post. 10 text : home 20 paddley=8...
  10. M

Space Eggs Catalogue Listing

Not sure if this helps anyone analyze what, if anything, is wrong with my Space Eggs disks, but here is the catalogue listing from Apple Utilities. It's still kind of odd that when I try to 'copy' the disks it tells me they're damaged, yet the files can still be read properly. Also, the computer...
  11. M

Introducing myself

I've been nagging everyone here with my 'noob questions', so you might as well know more about me. :) I'm 26 years old, a professional fiction author whom enjoys vintage computer games and programming during whatever free time is available. I grew up on a Tandy computer, playing games like...
  12. M

Is it my disks or computer?

I found some copies of a particular Apple II game, but each time the disks either fail to load or produce incomprehensible garbage. Surprisingly, they are able to be catalogued with a Utilities Tool. Is there anyway to tell whether or not its these particular disks that are damaged, or my...
  13. M

Built-In Apple II assembler?

Finding 6502 assembly-language-compilers for Apple IIs on eBay is like searching a haystack for a non-existent needle. Is there anyway to code directly to the built-in disassembler on an Apple IIc?
  14. M

Maze Code Problem 2.0

Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone. Here's the code I am currently using for that random maze generator: 5 text : home 10 print "Amazing Program" 20 print "Creative Computing" 30 print : print : print : print 100 input "WHAT ARE YOUR DIMENSIONS?";h,v 102 if h<>1 and v<>1 then 110 104...
  15. M

Need help with Applesoft maze generator

I have been trying for several days to translate the random-maze-generator from David Ahl's book, 100 BASIC Computer Games, into an Applesoft BASIC version, but to no avail. Can anyone help?
  16. M

Applesoft BASIC maze program.

Figured I'd share with everyone a simple maze game I coded. The maze itself is unfinished (a random maze generator is in the works) but the programming itself is sound. Please excuse the vague variable names, but 'oldx', 'oldy' and similar names were causing bugs. It would take too long to type...
  17. M

Question About Apple II Paddles.

I just bought some Apple II paddles, but am not sure if they are working correctly. Playing the game 'Sneakers', the ship tends to shift around a lot, and will not move from one side of the screen to another until the paddles rotate all the way around. The 'fire' button works fine. Is this the...
  18. M

Help Saving to Floppies on Apple II

I am having a hard time saving my BASIC programs onto 5.25 floppy disks on my Apple II. Most articles says to use the 'SAVE' command, but it's still confusing. Can anyone please help?
  19. M

Formatting Disks

I got an Apple II game which requires a blank floppy to save data on. My Apple Utilities has an option to from at disks, but does anyone know if I need a separate disk drive? I mean, I'm using an Apple II C, which has a built-in drive, but I'm nervous I might accidentally erase the Apple...
  20. M

Buying Apple II/Mac SE Games

Below is a list of software/games I am looking to buy, either original disks or copies. Apple II: Sneakers, Space Quarks, Space Eggs, Zork (I, II, III), Akalabeth, Apple Cider Spider, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Wolfenstein Mac SE: Mac Draw, Lightspeed PASCAL Shufflepuck Cafe, Might &...
Back