• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Drivers and manual required for Hypertech Hyperam 286

Hi all, I have this RAM expansion card which I wish to use in my IBM 5170 I've been slowly restoring over the years but I can't seem to find any drivers let alone the manual for it to work out how to configure it. I've found the manual for the Hypertech Hyperam AT which at first I assumed the...
  2. F

Weird floppy drive behaviour in a 5170

Ok before you say not another YD-380 not reading disks issue, I think this is different to other issues mentioned on this forum. Let me start with the details: IBM 5170 Type 1 Motherboard which just the base 512K of RAM and the only expansion cards are the IBM CGA card and the first generation...
  3. F

Model F XT Keyboard Stange Issue With Replacment PCB

Hi, got a bit of a strange one here. I brought a replacement PCB some time ago for my Model F XT Keyboard to replace one which was giving the keyboard 301 error after my attempts to fix it came to nothing. After going through all sorts of fun getting it back together I was getting the 3B 301...
  4. F

PC case rust repair

Has anyone else ever given serious thought to using vinyl dye as a better alternative solution to painting or retrobrighting? The biggest problem of course is colour matching the plastic but there are automotive paint shops I've found which offer this service. I've only ever tried it with an...
  5. F

Cork pads for your case

A little while ago I brought this 40mm Hole Punch off eBay and found a rubberised cork Gasket from a local car shop which looked a lot like the original feet but were about half a millimeter thicker. I figured since they are on the bottom of the case that not being 100% correct wasn't too...
  6. F

IBM 5153 Plastic Repair

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knows what type of plastic is used in the IBM 51xx series CRT's? I have a 5153 of which the plastic has become quite brittle and as a result during transit all four corner mounts which attach the CRT tube to the front have cleanly snapped off so I'm looking to...
  7. F

WTB: IBM PC AT 5170 Motherboard Type 1

Hi, I'm currently in the process of restoring an early IBM 5170 back to it's original specs which includes finding a Type 1 5170 Motherboard which fits the era it was originally produced. This is the one major piece I'm currently missing, I started with just the chassis and PSU and have been...
  8. F

Help repairing Tandon TM100-2A's from a 5150

Hi, I just recently picked up an IBM 5150 and I'm slowly working through some issues it has to get it fully working. To give a bit of a background, I was told by the previous owner that it hadn't been turned on for roughly 10 years and was working fine then. As it turns out, storage it appears...
  9. F

CMOS checksum error, goes into boot loop

Hi all, I recently picked up an Atari PC4 Motherboard (286) which has an issue with booting properly. To give you some details on the board it has an AMD 286-16 CPU, C&T Chipset, AMI BIOS and it uses SIPP RAM for all it's memory capacity (there's no mixture of SIPP and socketed chips like I've...
  10. F

Strange Internal PC Speaker Sound

Hi all, I've got a strange sound coming out of my Internal PC Speaker on one of my Atari IBM XT clones. I did a short video below which is easier then trying to explain what it sounds like. One thing I noticed too is if you put your ear up really close to the speaker you can hear the sound it...
  11. F

Dead XT motherboard from power surge.

Hi guys, I had a friend drop off an XT motherboard which he said he killed by accidentally getting the XT power supply connector in the wrong direction (yeah I know hey). As a result it powers on OK but won't POST, no beeps nothing. He's given it to me to look at repairing if possible as I've...
  12. F

Diagnosing which RAM chip is faulty

Hi guys. I've got a problem with my Atari PC3 8088 in that I would get a "divide overflow" error when trying to run certain programs or in some cases it would simply lock up the PC. I've already had a faulty RAM chip which has been replaced, so suspecting more faulty RAM chips I ran a program...
  13. F

WTB: Atari PC3 (8088) / PC4 (80286) / PC5 (80386)

Hi all, I've been on a few forums trying to track down an Atari PC3 8088 or an Atari PC4 80286 with some success. I managed to pick up a PC3 (just the box) but it's in need of some restoration and I would like if possible to find the original Atari PC keyboard. The mouse is no problem to find...
Back