• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. AndyG

PET reset switch circuit with a condensator for pulling the diagnostics line down

Hi all, quick question, Pronto-PET had a neat little reset switch which on a quick press performed a reset but if you held in the switch it would pull the diagnostic line down and reset the pet into monitor mode. All mounted in a compact box. Anyone got a circuit diagram for such a reset...
  2. AndyG

CBM 8250 LP Disk Drive

Real teaser challenge …. I have been restoring a CBM 8250 LP and noticed that the drive heads were different colors. Drive 1 was the usual cream Color but drive 0 was a brown Color as in the photos. I lucked in to a cheap other LP and that drive also showed the same. The later were JU-570-2...
  3. AndyG

Introducing the MultiPET

Introducing the Commodore MultiPET I recently took my 40/80 column switchable motherboard (using the Comspec clone from Steve G) and modified it with the following capability (why you may ask - well why not :-)) (1) standard 4032 with a SuperSoft HR-40 high resolution graphics card. Changeable...
  4. AndyG

NetKit for the Commodore PET

Hi, does anyone have any documentation on the NetKIT interface board for the Commodore PET ? Cheers
  5. AndyG

Apple II 80 col card

Hello I have an Apple II M&R Enterprises Sup'R'Terminal 80 col card for the Apple II. Wasn’t working but by replacing the ram and associated IC’s it now works. However, unlike the Apple II itself I do not get a signal from the composite output that displays on my LCD screen. I have to go...
  6. AndyG

Commodore PET 2001-8K Memory Test Program

Just wanted to feed back something I found recently.... I purchased a faulty 2001-8c motherboard that upon inspection had suffered from long term exposure to high/low temps & humidity whilst in storage. Someone had tried to repair the board previously (and failed). I found one of the 5 Volt...
  7. AndyG

Micro Technology MTU K1008-8 keyboard graphics

Greetings, I have been working with a MTU K1008 graphics board (another hi res graphics board, similar too, but not the same as the Supersoft board I have been messing with recently), which needed several replacement memory chips before it would work as designed. Now it’s working I have been...
  8. AndyG

PET 64K add-on board make by Paradox INC

Hello, I have a 64k addon board made by Paradox Inc for the Commodore PET and wondered if anyone has come across it (I have spoken with JonB who also has one but with no documentation sadly) ? I ran the 8296 diagnostic program which told me I have a few bad ram chips (bits 1 & 3) which I...
  9. AndyG

OS-9 .dsk file extract

Hello This is my first post to this part of the forum ... I have a Commodore SuperPET running Microware OS/9 (Level I). I have been scouring the internet for os/9 software and found a number of .dsk images for the Tandy machine. Is there a program that I can use to read the .dsk image and...
  10. AndyG

Supersoft HR-40(b) hi res graphics board

Hi Do any of you have any documentation or have written down anywhere information that describes how to use the Supersoft HR-40 high res board ? In particular, the POKE commands (setting the board graphics config plus accessing UD11 etc) and also the various draw commands and expected...
  11. AndyG

Commodore 128 - Startup advice

Morning :) I am messing about with a 128 and would like to ask for advice..... As background, this computer has had some of it Memory chips replaced and it boots fine in 128, 40 column config . I had to replace another memory chip myself to enable it to boot into C64 mode without an Out of...
  12. AndyG

Unhappy CBM 4040 - advice needed

Hi all Another 4040 problem.... i acquired a unit that was very dirty inside. I cleaned it up and powered it. It has basic 2 roms etc. After a few seconds noticed the Inductor L1 on the analog board was turning a nice shade of black. It was v hot to touch so powdered down to investigate. I...
  13. AndyG

Supersoft ROM-X :- Documentation

Hello everyone Has anyone come across the Supersoft ROM-X which replaces the standard BASIC-2 EDIT ROM. It delivers extra functionality and I have a PET with this ROM installed but have no documentation on how to use ? If anyone has documentation on the KeyChip ROM and also BasMon that would...
  14. AndyG

Help with Commodore PET ROM Pager board

First time Posting on this forum though I have been following for a little while. I have a PET 3000 series (well 2001-N) and it has an 8 ROM Pager board inside it with a ribbon cable connected to ROM $9000. There also is a special edit ROM (called rather unhelpfully ROM-X 80066) but not sure...
Back