• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

An odd request: screw dimensions for Model II case and keyboard

I purchased Kennett Classic's TRS-80 Model II and for some reason the machine threaded screws that held the top casing to the chassis and the screws that hold the keyboard together are just...gone. They seem to be machine screws but I have no idea what dimensions they might be, so I'm hoping...
  2. I

Power supply voltages for CompuAdd 316SL

I picked up this CompuAdd 316SL...minus the power supply, and I have no idea what kind of voltages its weird connector expects. Is it just 5v and 12v or something odder?
  3. I

Installing a CD-ROM in an IBM PS/2 57

I have an IBM PS/2 57 and I'd like to add a CD-ROM drive internally, as the cable necessary to attach one externally is impossible to find for a sane price. Obviously I need some kind of sled to mount it properly but other than that, is there anything stopping me from just using any 50pin SCSI...
  4. I

Mid Atlantic TRS-80 Model III/4 keys/key switches

I'm assuming the keyboard is the same between the TRS-80 Model III and the non-gate array Model 4...I'm missing a couple keys and I have at least one broken off stem, so I'll need at least one key switch. I have to double check what keys are missing, but...does anyone have spares?
  5. I

Mid Atlantic Wanted: CGA/EGA card

Looking for an 8 bit ISA CGA/EGA card, doesn't really matter which one, I just don't have any spares and I don't have anywhere around me to get one. Located in southeastern Pennsylvania.
  6. I

Toshiba T1960CT doesn't want to turn on

I picked up a Toshiba T1960CT from a guy in New Jersey who just had an entire room full of laptops and it has a problem I just do not understand. When you hit the power button on the side, it attempts to turn on and then shuts off a few seconds later. I've tried powering on without both the NiMH...
  7. I

Tandy 1400LT: No Power

I received a Tandy 1400LT yesterday and it has some kind of no power problem. I tried two different power adapters and testing both with the battery pack installed and with it removed, but I'm just not getting anything out of it. Any suggestions?
  8. I

Mid Atlantic Wanted - Gateway 2000 ColorBook Parts

I recently acquired a Gateway 2000 ColorBook (486DX2-50) model in rather nice condition but with no hard drive or weird proprietary 19V charger. I'm hoping someone out there has these parts so I can use this laptop because it's in really good shape!
  9. I

Apple IIc constantly registering key presses

I picked up an Apple IIc a few days ago and it has a very strange problem: as soon as the system has booted far enough to register key presses, the screen quickly becomes filled with them, all without me touching the keyboard. No keys seem to be stuck so I have no idea why this is happening...
  10. I

WTB: "flip top" AT case

Looking for one of those AT desktop cases that open like a car hood. Can't find one locally, hoping someone here might have one.
  11. I

Correct power supply for Epson PX-8?

I recently acquired an Epson PX-8 minus the power supply, and while I do have power supplies that provide the proper voltage and amperage, they don't seem to have a large enough barrel jack on the end to actually send power into the machine. Is there someone here who owns a PX-8 and can take...
  12. I

Tandy 2500XL questions

I purchased a Tandy 2500XL computer for...more than I really wanted to, and I have some questions about it. 1. CPU. I know the 2500XL-2 had a 16MHz 286, would the regular XL support that faster CPU with just a CPU and clock crystal change or would I need a different BIOS as well? 2. RAM. How...
  13. I

IBM 5170 BIOS on IBM 5162?

Can the IBM 5170 BIOS be used with the IBM 5162 (XT 286)? I believe I read that the XT 286 is BIOS-limited to 6MHz, and the AT seems similar enough hardware-wise that flashing the 5170 BIOS with 8MHz support to the 5162 might work.
  14. I

AST 386SX laptop will not boot from floppy disk

I have an AST Premium Exec 386SX/20 laptop with a faulty old Conner CP2044PK hard drive that no longer boots. However, trying to boot from a MS-DOS 6.22 floppy disk is not working. The floppy drive does not seek and when I boot the system with a disk in the drive and run Setup to set the date...
  15. I

Replacement Tandy badges?

The badge on my rather sad TRS-80 Model 4P is pretty much completely destroyed and illegible. Is there anyone out there making replacement badges for the TRS-80? When I looked on eBay I only found badges for the Color Computer, not the Model I/III/4.
  16. I

TRS-80 Model 4P: No monitor and disk activity on power on

I recently acquired a TRS-80 Model 4P in rather rough exterior condition, but after some cleaning with an air compressor the internals were in surprisingly good shape. However, when I try to power it on the tube does not light up and the disk drives do not seek. Here is a picture showing how the...
  17. I

WTB: Parts for Packard Bell Force 2133 tower

I am looking for the floppy drive (with special bracket), ISA riser card, and plastic rod that goes between the front of the case and the power supply button for a 486 Packard Bell tower to complete my Packard Bell Force 2133. For some reason those parts are missing and the computer isn't really...
  18. I

WTB: ATX motherboard with Cyrix 6x86 support

I want to build a nice Cyrix Socket 7 machine, but my only motherboard that's Cyrix compatible is an AT one (Tyan Trinity 100AT). Does someone out there have an ATX Socket 7 board that can run a Cyrix processor?
  19. I

Correct master CD and monitor speakers for Packard Bell Legend 401CD

I managed to acquire a Packard Bell Legend 401CD today with keyboard, mouse, and monitor. However, it was "upgraded" at some point to Windows 98 without the RAM being upgraded beyond the stock 8MB, so I'd like to downgrade it to the original 95 version that would have come with this machine...
  20. I

Wanted: Intel DX4 Overdrive or AMD/Cyrix 5x86 upgrade CPU

I have a 486 machine that tops out at 66MHz and since it's very special to me and I've devoted a lot of time and energy to tricking it out, I think it deserves more CPU power. I'm looking for either a DX4-100 Intel Overdrive or one of those 5x86 upgrades that have the built in voltage regulation...
Back