• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Need Help with BMC monochrome CRT

I came into possession of a really nice BMC monochrome monitor model BM-1200SU (circa 1981) that has some issues. I've looked extensively for any documentation on this monitor and not a mention of this model anywhere. The issue is the video has a constant vertical scroll that the VHOLD won't...
  2. M

Looking for schematic/service manual for BMC BM1200SU monitor

Good evening fellow enthusiasts, I recently took possession of a 1981 BMC international monochrome monitor model BM-1200SU. Could anyone direct me to where I can find any schematic or servicing manual for this monitor. I’d post a pic of the monitor but the cover is off at the moment. Thanks in...
  3. M

Need Help With a 1541 that won't format

Hello group, I'm fairly new to the Commodore community and am still learning about these systems. I picked up 2 untested commodore 1541 drives cheap. one is an Alps and the other is a Mitumi. The Alps is working fine after a good cleaning but just getting into the second one tonight I'm seeing...
  4. M

Need Help With CTR80A Cassette Recorder Belt

Hello fellow enthusiasts, I need to replace the drive belt in my Radio Shack CTR80A cassette recorder. Would anyone recommend a known good source for this belr? I see a few vendors have a 6.7" belt they list for the CTR80, but I haven't seen a specific listing for the CTR80A. Is there a...
  5. M

Need help opening C128

Hello group, I just took ownership of my first C128 and I’m having trouble opening the machine for cleaning. Ive watched videos and removed all 6 screws but the two halves won’t come apart. The rear and the front come up a little bit it seems something toward the center is still holding it down...
  6. M

Need help with a disk ii speed board

Hello group, I have a disk ii drive that I can’t set the speed on. I use the Apple dealer disk alignment aid software as I always do. If anyone’s not familiar with this program 0 is in the center representing 300rpm. Either side of the zero will represent positive or negative. It shows a -1500...
  7. M

Need help with IBM 5150 5.25 drive having trouble writing

Hello group, I need help with my 5.25” floppy drive in my 5150. The drive seems to only like formatting one disk I have. Trying to format over 15 disks from a box that all format fine on an Apple drive, the IBM only is able to format one. And it will format that one disk every time. AND transfer...
  8. M

ATD Model 116 memory card

Hello group, I have an ATD model 116 memory board in my 5150 that I’m having trouble finding any sort of documentation for. Preferably. Owners/users manual As always, any input is appreciated Thanks
  9. M

IBM Model F Keyboard

Hello all, I have a model "F" IBM keyboard that has 2 keys not clicking or responding. I was told this keyboard doesn't have switches as do keyboards I'm used to dealing with. Could someone direct me on how I should start correcting this? Thanks group.
  10. M

Formatting HD disks to 720k

Greetings fellow enthusiasts, Can someone explain to me the purpose of putting tape over the second hole on HD 3.5 floppies? I ask because when I format a 1.44 HD disk on one of my Apple ii drives (they are 800k drives) ive never used tape and never had a problem formatting or writing to these...
  11. M

IBM 5150 3.5” formatting at 360K

Hello group, I’m in the process of fine tuning an IBM 5150. The hardware is “as is” from when I took possession of it some 30 years ago. It has one 5.25 floppy, a seagate hard drive (which is the boot drive) and a 3.5” floppy drive. It’s O/S is DOS 5.0. Both floppy drives format blanks without...
  12. M

DOS 3.1, 3.2 on 16 sector disks

I came up with a way to make 16 sector disk images of the older DOS versions that could only be accessed through a 13 sector drive. These images are the original 13 sector system masters which can be written with ADTPRO like you would write any other 5.25". Both have been tested on my integer...
  13. M

Microsoft Language Card acting up

Hello group, I recently repaired a faulty Microsoft Language card that was locking the system up, reading disks incorrectly or not reading them at all. System worked fine with the card removed. The card had 3 bad TTLs. Both LS367s and the LS86. I replaced both tantilums as well. Now the card...
  14. M

DOS 3.2

I’ve completed my Rev0 replica and believe I’ve worked out all the bugs. I’ve been running DOS 3.3 but I’d like to get a copy of the DOS 3.2 system master. All the images I see are in a .d13 format which I gather is 13 sector. Does anyone know where Or if I even can find a copy of DOS 3.2 on a...
  15. M

Floppy drive controller board removal

Greetings fellow members, I’ve just purchased my first TRS80 model 3. 48k RAM and a really clean machine. The PSUs are Astec AA11320s. I replaced the .1uf 250V X safety capacitors with .1uf 250V X2. I read a post here that X2s are fine to use. Please interject if this is wrong. The reason for my...
  16. M

Late Introduction

Hello group, Sorry for the late introduction. I joined awhile ago but I should say hello and introduce myself. My name is Randy and I live in the lower Hudson valley section of New York. I’ve only been in the vintage computer hobby for a little over a year and am really enjoying learning and...
  17. M

GS Astec 13581 "Y" type safety caps

Can someone send me a link where I can get the .01uf 250V "Y" type safety capacitor that's on the GS Astec 13581 power supply. I can't find them anywhere. Thanks
  18. M

IIgs Dynacomp PSU RIFAs

Hello all, I have a Dynacomp LR38879 model 699-0126 from a Rom1 GS. It has 4 suppression capacitors. 2 are .22uf 250v X2 271M and the other 2 are 4700pf 271 Y. Has anyone ever replaced these? Console 5 has a kit for this PSU but it lists .1uf in the kit instead of the .22 that’s on the board...
  19. M

Alps key switches

Hello fellow members, Would anyone have any working Alps Integrated Dome key switches they’d be willing to sell? These are the ones with 4 pins and shirt stems. I have a few keys that don’t respond. Removing one along with one that does work I noticed the grey diaphragm inside the one that...
  20. M

IIe numeric keypad keyswitch question

I have a iie numeric keypad A2M2003, I need a keyswitch for one key but the switch has 4 pins. The stem is a short style and looks to be SMK but I can’t find any SMK keyswitch with 4 pins. Perhaps it’s not an SMK? Has anyone ever heard of this 4 pin switch? Thanks Randy
Back