• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Retro Spotter Inside A Thrift Store

I'm not going to reveal which company I work for, but we accept computers, and have to recycle all of them, no exceptions. Things I've seen. NeXT computer, Color Workstation, Sound Box attachment, NeXT lazer printer. [unknown if worked or not] Amiga computer monitor with 9 - pin input, and...
  2. K

@COST of shipping divided by two [HYBRID C64 POWER SUPPLY] : ALMOST FREE

I'm giving away a Commodore 64 power supply, with both back story, and then some. It will be given to whoever promises to reimburse me half the cost of shipping. ~Paul It is a C128 power supply, modded with a C64 plug. It is further modded, where the power plug to the wall was cut off, and...
  3. K

Update Home Made TI tape cable

Well, my cable was built ok, except for one goof. I blame the obscure and cryptic pin out descriptions scattered on the net. On the MIC cable, I reversed the hot and gnd, aka the sleeve and tip wires. My EAR wires were fine.. tested along side the real thing (that I got off ebay) using a...
  4. K

Recovered Links Qualstar SCSI Tape Drive info

Was looking up "9 inch tape" on youtube.. and found this description for their video. Tape processing on an LSI-11 (PDP-11/03) using a Qualstar Streaming Tape Subsystem. Tape transport has a slightly bent capstan -- drive is very noisy and subject to severe tape jitter. Reading works only 75%...
  5. K

For Sale Or Trade TI994_A DISK MANAGER 2 CARTRIDGE

I've got the Disk Manager 2 cartridge for the TI 994/A, and I have no use for it. I think I've got the little ribbon cable, which connects the computer to the expansion box, so, I'll include that, cause I have no use for that either. I can test the DSKMGR2 cart, in my TI, and report back, but...
  6. K

Got the XE1541 adaptor off ebay [going to test]

Going to see how well it works, backing up disks and putting stuff on emulators. ~Paul It's a little SMD board, with transistors, it's the more advanced one of the two.
  7. K

How to safely swap my drive A and drive B in TANDY 1000 HX

I've got a Tandy 1000HX, and my A: drive is worn out. My B: drive, hardly used, I can only assume, is in much better shape. I'd like to try cracking it open, and just swap the two myself, but I'm worried about mucking it up. Tips? Hints? ~Paul
  8. K

Totes and Boxes and Bags OH MY

My stuff :::: Stuff I still HAVE, whether acquired here and now, or way back when. 1. Commodore 128 2. Commodore 64 :::: audio is weak, very weak, so I use my C128 in C64 mode. 3. TI 994/A :::: two of these, one is useless, the other is new(used), and has a lovely CARRYING CASE, with cut...
  9. K

For Trade: DB15 to IBM PC Jr. joystick adaptor :::: use DB15 joystick on IBM PC JR

I have a little adaptor that I have no use for. Takes a DB15 socket, that you can plug a gamepad or joystick into, and goes down to the dual row little header type plug, for the joystick in, on a IBM PC Jr. Things I would think about trading for it. ~~~ Any one of the various cassette...
  10. K

CGA Card Issue [black and white where should be color]

Got a CGA card off ebay, and it's only displaying B/W composite graphics on the TV. [IN 16 COLOR COMPOSITE MODE -- TO A TV] There are two RCA jacks, one with what appears to be B/W video on purpose, and the other, supposedly a color video jack. Do you have to set a border color or something...
  11. K

Hand made tape interface cable, for nothing

Just got done wiring up a tape interface cable from scratch, just to find out my TI 994/A is having some sort of keyboard decoding circuit issue. I can press 1, 5, and space, and M or something like that, but the rest of the keys don't do anything. Cause I'm able to press the 1, I can get to...
  12. K

QR codes, IBM punched cards?

I want to see something software or hardware that would take a QR code and make an equivilent stack of IBM punchcards out of the data.
  13. K

Formatting a 720K floppy out of a 1.44MB disk, and snafoos

I've been spending the better part of an hour sorting out issues with why my IBM PS/2 MODEL 25 won't accept a nice shiny new disk, with the exact same stuff as another working disk. The working disk was made from a pre-existing 1.44M floppy, with green tape on the hole to "label" it double...
  14. K

Wanted : 8-bit ISA Game Adaptor Card DB-15 & Hard Drive Interface Card for 8bitISA

Wanted : 8-bit ISA Game Adaptor Card DB-15 & Hard Drive Interface Card for 8bitISA Looking for a regular old 8-bit ISA game card. Also, looking for a card so I can hook up a hard drive to my IBM PS/2 Model 25. ~Kiyote! kiyotewolf [at] gmail [dot] com
  15. K

Model 25 ibm ps/2 box external power supply idea for an internal hdd

Snipped from a private msg. Names withheld for privacy. Quoted "i've got an ISA drive controller i could throw in" What you can do, is, adapt the existing OEM model specific iteration of the IDE header, and adapt out +5, -5, +12, -12 voltages, to hook up a hard drive, then use the ISA...
  16. K

TI Extended Basic games tape

I have an old audio cassette of the TI Extended Basic games catridge games, it has Lunar Lander, and Frogger, and a few others. I just got my TI emulator working properly, you have to have the cassette images WITHOUT one of the bitflags on the file, readonly, or it fails to load. I can get a...
  17. K

IBM PS/2 Model 25 upright built in monitor CPU "upgrade"

Is it possible to drop in a 8088 cpu chip from a IBM PCjr in another IBM, a PS/2 Model 25, the upright with the built in screen & MCGA graphics? Going from an 8086 to 8088. Like going from a model T to a Lamborgini. What could I possibly gain from this, if it would even work. ~Kiyote!
  18. K

Abog club inc

I have a computer club, now a computer company, 2 months old, for making classic computer/retro redeux/new age/DSi/PC/Windows etc etc (even Mac Classic QuickBasic) games. In a short while, (5 years?) the company should be on it's feet enough to go mainstream. In the mean time, I'm advancing...
  19. K

Commodore Graphics Hardware

^o^ This might be in the wrong place, but here goes. I am a classic retro'ist, and on newer programming platforms, I usually recreate most if not all of the graphics functionality of older platforms I have coded on as an exercise to break in the language for later work. I have perfected both...
  20. K

Int Spkr to Line Out circuit

This is my circuit to go from internal speaker (or piezo dot speaker) to Line Out. The circuit matches the impedance of what the motherboard expects, as well as gives you control so you don't overdrive the input of your amplifier. Parts list.: 1. a small blank PCB board 2. a 1k(ohm) to 8(ohm)...
Back