• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. antiquekid3

Ultimate PDP-8 ideas thread

I have been discussing many projects with various people lately, and thought it would be a good idea to get these out to everyone to "vote" on them and express interest to help myself and others prioritize. I will also touch on projects already completed by others for added visibility. Without...
  2. antiquekid3

H735 drawings

Does anyone have the engineering drawings for the H735 power supply? It was used in the LA30. It also happens to be what's used in my 8/I to power the TC01 and drives. Thanks! Kyle
  3. antiquekid3

Unknown DD01 chassis

Anyone have any ideas what this thing is? In my limited time, I couldn't get a better photo of the card handles, but at some point, I'll try to do that.
  4. antiquekid3

PDP-8/I Repair

I figured I'd start a new thread for my journey into bringing back a PDP-8/I from the dead. I acquired this system several years ago from a relatively local collector, but life and other projects have gotten in the way of working on it. In fact, I still have other projects that are battling for...
  5. antiquekid3

Verilog PDP-8/I and TC08/TU55 boots OS/8!

Over the last month or so, I've been converting Flip-Chip modules from schematics to Verilog, mostly by hand. With much help from Vince Slyngstad, we converted his wonderful, digitized PDP-8/I drawings to a Verilog netlist that instantiates all of my modules. After many hours of debugging, and...
  6. antiquekid3

Tennecomp and Xebec

Does anyone have any Tennecomp peripherals for their PDP-8s? I've got a Minidek, TP-1371, but no interface for it. It seems quite different from the TP-1351 in that it's faster and such, as well as the IOTs to control it. I scanned some docs a while back for Bitsavers...
  7. antiquekid3

Conway's Game of Life - PDP-8

I had some downtime and wrote Conway's Game of Life for the PDP-8 in assembly. There's a BASIC version, but it's pretty limited. This one supports a (very large) video terminal or a VC8-E display, both with or without a storage oscilloscope. Using a storage 'scope makes it look the best, since...
  8. antiquekid3

Reading an MC68701

I've found an older piece of avionics that uses a Motorola MC68701, which is essentially a more complex 6800 with internal EPROM, RAM, and a few other peripherals. The 2kB EPROM is apparently programmed using an external EPROM routine. I assume it's also verified externally by another software...
  9. antiquekid3

Fabri-Tek MP-12 Industrial PDP-8 Clone

A handful of folks have a few of these Fabri-Tek MP-12 industrial control computers, including another user here, conmega. Together, we've been working on reverse engineering bits and pieces (software and hardware) to get these doing something useful. First thing's first: pictures! Here's a...
  10. antiquekid3

SerialDisk Support/Idea/Info Thread

For those not familiar with SerialDisk, I created a bit of software with the help of David Gesswein and others about a year ago that allows an Omnibus PDP-8 to boot OS/8 via a second serial port attached to a modern computer running a simple disk server. It uses SimH-compatible RK05 images, but...
  11. antiquekid3

Pictures from VCF SE 3.0!

I uploaded some pictures from VCF SE 3.0 here for your enjoyment. I'll try to go through later as I have time to add captions. Kyle
  12. antiquekid3

VCF SE 3.0 T-shirts!

With the 50th anniversary of the PDP-8, the Atlanta Historical Computing Society decided to go with orange shirts with a PDP-8/E on the front (similar to the banner you may have noticed at the top of the forum). They look great in person too. Just picked up mine yesterday. You can get your own...
  13. antiquekid3

Got my Documation punched card reader working with the aid of an Arduino

I don't yet have any interface boards for my PDP-8/M, so I opted instead to read the data into a modern computer with the help of an Arduino. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N27Mr199I7g My eventual goal is to track down an M843 CR8-E interface board so I can keep it with period hardware. I'll...
  14. antiquekid3

WTB: DEC M863 DR8-E Parallel I/O Board

I've got a project in mind for a parallel I/O board for the PDP-8/E, as well as wanting to make a copy of the board using the prototyping space on the 32kW Omnibus NVRAM board that Vince produced a few months ago. If anyone has one they'd like to part with, please PM me and perhaps we can come...
  15. antiquekid3

File transfer with AT&T 7300

I now have a fresh install of SVR3 3.5 on a 20 MB drive, but have a couple of issues. I'm missing the first floppy in the Development Set. More specifically: UNIX* Utilities Development Set (1), 103102-MSI ver. 3.0, 6 of 14. Thus, I can't get the C compiler installed just yet. So, if anyone has...
  16. antiquekid3

AT&T 7300 won't initialize hard drive

I recently acquired a fully-working 7300 from a friend. The catch was, he would need to keep the hard drive (an ST-251) since it was his only working MFM drive. No problem, I thought. Another friend of mine has a few half-height MFM drives, so I could use one of those. I tried another ST-251...
  17. antiquekid3

4004 Development System

Hi all, Is there any interest in a modern 4004 "trainer"? I am trying to gauge some interest in the community to see if it would be worthwhile developing such a system. It would have similar functionality to an Intel Intellec 4. Thanks, Kyle
  18. antiquekid3

Unknown Omnibus Boards

I know all of them are Omnibus except perhaps the Plessey main board with daughterboard, as the others came straight out of an 8/E. The daughterboard was fastened to the back of an orange/white DEC Data System rack which an 8/E was in when I started work on it. I assume it too belongs in the...
  19. antiquekid3

OEM 11/73 Issues

Hi all, I recently saved a Marquette MUSE system from Memphis, TN. It came with an 11/73 CPU, a CDC SMD drive, a Fujitsu Super Eagle hard drive, and various other goodies. http://i.imgur.com/3hUB3Nd.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wDvFzWS.jpg http://i.imgur.com/js8FW28.jpg It was supposedly powered...
  20. antiquekid3

Booting OS/8 from a PC

Hi all, I've constructed an OS/8 system handler and a matching *nix-based disk server utility that allows anyone with a spare serial card to boot OS/8. The server is written in C and has been successfully compiled under Cygwin on Windows and natively on Mac OS X 10.6. Those who have used...
Back