• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Western Europe DEC parts available, UK

Covers: Germany, France, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco and Liechtenstein

Witchy

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
International Shipping or Local Pickup
Hi folks,

I've got 7x VT420 logic boards here, untested for at least 20 years. VRT19 boards too. There's also a few PWS500au parts - CPU/heatsinks, LAN boards, PSUs, other misc items I've not gone through yet. The PWS parts were all bought as working originally.
DECserver 90L, a tube of the 9V regulators from said DECservers... flash card for a DS700, that type of thing.

Any interest? I'll list them all out fully if so. Currently near Cambridge UK but most of it's shippable anywhere I'd think.

Cheers!

I have a couple of VT420s so I guess a couple of spare logic boards might not go amiss in case of failures. I have a PWS433, maybe some of the parts you have might serve as spares there too? Not sure what you have. However, the bit that most interests me is the 9V regulators for the DECservers. Do you mean the little external power supplies for the likes of the DECserver 90M? I dropped one once and it stopped working, I tried to open it but just couldn't without risking a lot of damage to the casing, so a couple of those would be good if that is what you have.

Thanks

Rob

I have a working VRT19 - so a spare board would not go amiss (just in case it stops working)...

I will check my collection of terminals - some of them may be VT420s and are duff (so a logic board may resurrect them)?

I will let you know shortly.

Dave

I love this lines "collection of terminals", "7x VT420 logic boards" - now I know where they have all been hiding all these years.

Hi folks,

Some interest, splendid. This box of VT420 boards has been in my way for longer than I care to remember, ditto the PWS parts. I never did get a PWS500, settling for an XP1000 instead :) Now I need the space.

List:

7 untested VT420 logic boards.
1 untested VRT19 input board.
5 untested (but BNIB) VT420 flyback transformers
2 PWS500au PSUs (shame these don't fit a DS10)
2x B2110-AA Alpha 2100 IO board
2x KZPAC 3ch RAID
CIPCA-BA Alpha CI HBA
KZPCC-CA 3ch 64bit RAID
DE422 EISA NIC
2x Viking QT0 (QBUS)
2x LK401
2x LK411
Shedload of VGA and NICs, sound cards.
I can't find the box of PWS500 LAN cards right now but have a load of interconnect cables, CPUs, RAM etc. DS10 RAM too.

I'm not giving these away per se, but I'm also not interested in ebay pricing. I just wanted to update the list so you all didn't think I'd forgotten. It's been a busy week!

Cheers

I have a couple of VT420s so I guess a couple of spare logic boards might not go amiss in case of failures. I have a PWS433, maybe some of the parts you have might serve as spares there too? Not sure what you have. However, the bit that most interests me is the 9V regulators for the DECservers. Do you mean the little external power supplies for the likes of the DECserver 90M? I dropped one once and it stopped working, I tried to open it but just couldn't without risking a lot of damage to the casing, so a couple of those would be good if that is what you have.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob, long time etc :) I don't mean the external PSUs, each 90L+ has an internal 5V-9V regulator that's a very common failure point, so I've ended up with 30 of the things. I don't think the M or TL has the same part. The external bricks were notorious for failing and were eventually replaced with smaller more efficient models. Still glued shut though, but AFAIK they're standard +5/+12/-12 etc.

Cheers, A

Hi folks,

Some interest, splendid. This box of VT420 boards has been in my way for longer than I care to remember, ditto the PWS parts. I never did get a PWS500, settling for an XP1000 instead :) Now I need the space.

List:

7 untested VT420 logic boards.
1 untested VRT19 input board.
5 untested (but BNIB) VT420 flyback transformers
2 PWS500au PSUs (shame these don't fit a DS10)
2x B2110-AA Alpha 2100 IO board
2x KZPAC 3ch RAID
CIPCA-BA Alpha CI HBA
KZPCC-CA 3ch 64bit RAID
DE422 EISA NIC
2x Viking QT0 (QBUS)
2x LK401
2x LK411
Shedload of VGA and NICs, sound cards.
I can't find the box of PWS500 LAN cards right now but have a load of interconnect cables, CPUs, RAM etc. DS10 RAM too.

I'm not giving these away per se, but I'm also not interested in ebay pricing. I just wanted to update the list so you all didn't think I'd forgotten. It's been a busy week!

Cheers
I'm looking for graphics cards for a couple of AlphaStation 200/233 machines - unfortunately the VGA cards were removed at some point. Would any of the 'shed load of VGA cards' work with one of those :)

Hi Rob, long time etc :) I don't mean the external PSUs, each 90L+ has an internal 5V-9V regulator that's a very common failure point, so I've ended up with 30 of the things. I don't think the M or TL has the same part. The external bricks were notorious for failing and were eventually replaced with smaller more efficient models. Still glued shut though, but AFAIK they're standard +5/+12/-12 etc.

Cheers, A
It has indeed been a while. Sounds like the regulators are not for me. I think that others should take priority, but if after all is done and dusted, if you have one or two VT420 logic boards left, a DE422, possibly a VGA card (if it works with Alphas, 433au or the Jensen), then let me know. Intrigued, what is a Viking QT0?

Thanks

Rob

I'm looking for graphics cards for a couple of AlphaStation 200/233 machines - unfortunately the VGA cards were removed at some point. Would any of the 'shed load of VGA cards' work with one of those :)
I'll have a look, IIRC things like ATI Mach64 and Number9 worked in Alphastations, possibly Matrox MGA100 too?

Cheers

A

It has indeed been a while. Sounds like the regulators are not for me. I think that others should take priority, but if after all is done and dusted, if you have one or two VT420 logic boards left, a DE422, possibly a VGA card (if it works with Alphas, 433au or the Jensen), then let me know. Intrigued, what is a Viking QT0?

Thanks

Rob
The Viking is a QBUS card for a tape drive, it has a 50 pin outside world connection but I'm not entirely sure it's SCSI. Later versions of the card like QT2 and QT4 could be made into disk controllers by changing the ROM. I'll pencil you in for a logic board.

Cheers,

A

I'll have a look, IIRC things like ATI Mach64 and Number9 worked in Alphastations, possibly Matrox MGA100 too?

Cheers

A
Thanks for the info - I will check if I have a Mach64 - the card that works in everything :)

Back