• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FYI: Computer Reset liquidation (Dallas, TX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LGR announced on Twitter that the owner of the Computer Reset warehouse, Richard Byron, passed away this past week at age 75.

Asset liquidation, wholesale disposal, EPA superfund.
Regardless of the outcome it's unlikely at this point that the time will be made to break up whatever remains as opposed to the highest bidder pulling up with a salvage army and clearing it out.

Yeah. Hate to say it, but it'd most likely be sold off for scrap metal. Best case scenario, some philanthropist buys the whole lot, realizing the treasure trove inside, but that's not likely to happen. Shame.

If I had a million dollars, if I haaad a million dollars...

Haven't the picked clean all the best stuff by now?

I would think even the scrappers would try to resell anything pristine and rare looking.

If the facebook updates are to be believed, its remained untouched for months and still has a lot of the valuable stuff. Noone from the outside has been let in.

Posted from Internet Explorer 6. I'm very impressed that this site works with this browser.

If the facebook updates are to be believed, its remained untouched for months and still has a lot of the valuable stuff. Noone from the outside has been let in.
Remember that this is a non-air-conditioned warehouse in Texas. Nobody would want to go in there during the summer even if they could.

LGR announced on Twitter that the owner of the Computer Reset warehouse, Richard Byron, passed away this past week at age 75.
RIP. I hope people at least show the family a little respect before the pouncing and lowball offers begin.

Yeah. Hate to say it, but it'd most likely be sold off for scrap metal. Best case scenario, some philanthropist buys the whole lot, realizing the treasure trove inside, but that's not likely to happen. Shame.

If I had a million dollars, if I haaad a million dollars...
I don't think you'd need a million. Depending on if the building and land comes with it, I'm thinking between $40k-200k would be enough.

It's on the record that the building needs to be cleared for demolition. There's no avoiding that to whoever it goes to will have to spend a fortune on logistics.

It's on the record that the building needs to be cleared for demolition. There's no avoiding that to whoever it goes to will have to spend a fortune on logistics.
Do the owners want the building demolished or is it a city or state thing? Because if it's either of the latter two, I'm surprised anyone is even allowed to go in the building.

Demolishing a building doesn't cost that much--just a couple of thousand--definitely far less than the value of the contents currently within it.

A fair price to the owners would be 1/4 of potential sale price of the items. That would leave about 10% left at the end for the person that buys it all after logistics, sorting, listing, selling, etc. No doubt that the entire lot would need to be moved to another facility, sorted and then packaged and shipped out or picked up locally from that location until it was all gone.

Demolishing a building doesn't cost that much--just a couple of thousand--definitely far less than the value of the contents currently within it.
Maybe in fantasyland. What dark abyss did you pull those numbers out of? $2,000 won't even the the heavy equipment to and from the site -- let alone do the work and cleanup.

Maybe in fantasyland. What dark abyss did you pull those numbers out of? $2,000 won't even the the heavy equipment to and from the site -- let alone do the work and cleanup.
Quotes from our own real-estate work. I didn't say $2000--you did. I was thinking near $10k.

Quotes from our own real-estate work. I didn't say $2000--you did. I was thinking near $10k.

A couple usually means "two".

The owner has said that if one wants to buy the whole lot, the building comes with it, and is at least $500k, if memory serves. But with Richard gone I wonder who is leasing the building and what they want to do with it.

A couple usually means "two".

The owner has said that if one wants to buy the whole lot, the building comes with it, and is at least $500k, if memory serves. But with Richard gone I wonder who is leasing the building and what they want to do with it.
When you're talking about people, yes, when it comes to money, no.

Yeah, $500k was a pie high in the sky number like my dad gives for our properties. I wouldn't expect more than $150k tops if the building is in such shape that it needs to be demolished, and most of that would be for the land at $100k/acre, which I doubt it is even an acre.

A couple is two -- you can't change that.

I tend to agree with you but there is a sizable portion of the population that uses it to refer to quantities greater than 2 but less than 10. The same sets I would refer to as a "few"

I tend to agree with you but there is a sizable portion of the population that uses it to refer to quantities greater than 2 but less than 10. The same sets I would refer to as a "few"
That doesn't mean that they are right. :)

And it certainly doesn't mean that I should or would perpetuate their misuse of the terminology.

I dislike the word couple. The dictionaries disagree with the common use of it, and it gives an opening for pedants to spread pedantry. But what can one do, the dictionaries undeniably say its an undefined small number comparable to a few.

The median price of a house in Colorado Springs is $320k; I wish I could live in that warehouse. I mean, I wish it were scientifically and legally possible, not that I wish to move there and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back