• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings from Nottinghamshire in the UK.

Wappynutter

Just a quick hello from Robin Hood county in the UK. I'm Andy, married with lots of kids and grandkids,53 years young and lived through the best decades in history I'm sure. What was once expensive electronics is now retro equipment gathering dust in my attic space. From Master systems to megadrives, original playstation to Xbox original. Various Pc and laptops too..
After years of storing and bit and bobbing I am slowly getting to them all. Latest for repair/refurb are the Acer acernote 730 needing a 3 pin male din plug but I'm unsure of pin layout to attach the 5.5v power. A Texas Instruments Travelmate 3000 with a missing capacitor on the main board so unable to power and not sure of the replacement needed to re cap. A Dell Latitude ppx requiring a tantalum SMC 226 35v to replace the blown one from a loose screw rattling about inside. Also a 12.1 screen replace in an Armada 3500.
I have a varied collection brought in job lots in the early 2000s plus my own items from across the decades.
I'm currently using a Toshiba 2130ct for retro gaming under Win95, who doesn't love a pc speaker buzz for audio.. lol.. Also a Toshiba Satellite pro 4200. My other hobbies include painting in watercolour and sketching these are for relaxation, and building small models in 1/72 scale and creating display bases and dioramas.
Painter and Decorator by trade, self employed and semi retired due to arthritis in all the usual spots, knees, back, hips, shoulder, wrist.. you know how it is..
That's me, thanks for having me from across the pond. :) 👍

Back