• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings

ziloo

Veteran Member
Hello Everybody!

I am a mechanical engineer by trade, and I have learned about electronics and computers as a hobby. This is a great crowd, and I am going to be a listener and a questioner most of the time. I have already contacted Terry and Allison and they have been more than helpful.

Great to be aboard :D

I collect vintage electronic stuff such as voltmeters, radios, reel recorders, and yes.... computers. Although I am more inclined to collect design drawings, schematics, and source codes. These equipment are not immortal and tend to fade away, and I try to preserve the concept behind their design alive. Presently I am overseas and I have to set up a mailing system in the US for my correspondence.

Thanks for inquiring

I took an Digital Electronics retraining course in the the early 80s and because of that collected(hoarded) much electronic parts and equipment.
Even old caps, resistors, etc. and I still have a bunch of old heathkit and Eico test stuff. Even a resistor decade box. I even have a TV repair tube kit box full of tubes, mainly used but according to my Eico tester still functional. I even have a great beast of a Dumont Oscilloscope and schematics which worked but needs the neon current controllers to function. I have often considered putting much of them on e-Pay but have never followed thru.

Realizing that your hobby is just that. Perhaps there might be some stuff
you would be interested in. I think I still even have some germanium transistors and op-amp chips.

Lawence

Thank you for the offer, Lawrence

But please do not tempt me!! Whenever I feel bored, I go to junk yards :lol: . Whenever I want to come up with an idea for something to build, I go to junk yards! I just can not seem to be able to throw away anything.... I am defying the universal law: garbage in, but no garbage out.

As right now I am constantly on the move, I do not have the place for storing any more stuff, but as soon as I do, you will be the first one to know (By the way, I also have a whole bunch of germanium transistors).

Ziloo

Back