• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Man, these guys play hardball

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
I've never seen anyone with a minus (-) eBay feedback rating before, so I stuck my nose into this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5189077566&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Check it out, the seller sent negative feedback after only an hour and a half without being paid. The auction ended at 12:04 and the negative feedback was posted at 13:39.
Helluva way for this poor slob to begin a new eBay account, first auction and he gets minus feedback score.
Makes me wonder what the rest of the story might be. There's gotta be more to this than meets the eye.

--T

DAMN! hard baller in deed! however it begs the question who the ($#% would
pay 185 bucks for a zeo's laptop anyway? in that kinda price range it best
be a thinkpad. anyway i have seen a few people with negative feed back
last one that comes to mind they had 5 feed backs all negative.
my guess is they are new and OR stupid/blind and hit the button
and then noticed the price and did'nt want to pay.

im a little confused it says feed back on :Apr-28-05 13:49 (1:49pm)
but the auction ended : Apr-28-05 21:50:13 PDT (9:50pm)

how can the feed back come before the end of the auction?
the buyer has been on ebay for over a year and this is there first buy/sale lol.

It was a 7 day auction that ended early with buy it now (does not say how far into the auction it sold).

The seller said the buyer refused to pay and gave no reason why, so he deserves the negative. Probably some kid playing around with a new acount.

Unknown_K said:
It was a 7 day auction that ended early with buy it now (does not say how far into the auction it sold).

The seller said the buyer refused to pay and gave no reason why, so he deserves the negative. Probably some kid playing around with a new acount.

But don't new users have to register with a credit card in their name?

(But then, kid is a relative term)

Since the fall of 97 you have to have one. I got under the wire and still pay by sending in a M.O.. I don't have a credit card and keep wondering when the other shoe will fall and I'll have to either get a credit card or make an arrangement with a friend. I worked for a finance company eons ago and saw first-hand the trouble people can get into with credit. I avoid
C.C.s like a plague. I have enough temptation with my Debit Cards.

Lawrence

barryp said:
Unknown_K said:

But don't new users have to register with a credit card in their name?

(But then, kid is a relative term)

do you now need a credit card to get an ebay account?

i just got on ebay a couple of years ago, and i have never borrowed a credit card from any insitution, and thus supplied ebay with no credit card info.

i certainly hope you don't need one, as that is totally unfair.

i find it similar to needing a driver's license to get a movie rental card.

what, everybody drives a car?

chris

vic user said:
do you now need a credit card to get an ebay account?

i just got on ebay a couple of years ago, and i have never borrowed a credit card from any insitution, and thus supplied ebay with no credit card info.

i certainly hope you don't need one, as that is totally unfair.

i find it similar to needing a driver's license to get a movie rental card.

what, everybody drives a car?

chris

You need some kind of identification that is not easily faked. Most places that rent movies make you use 2 forms of ID to get an acount, a credit card so they can bill you if you don't bring a tape back and a drivers liscense so they know the credit card is yours.

Having a credit card also keeps people under 18 from getting an ebay acount.

To me it more looks like a scammer than a kid; the negative feedback was from an earlier auction: $1190 for a 1.7 GHz Centrino Thinkpad.

I'm quite sure the buyer thinks that everything you buy on, will be automagically sent to you and then you can disappear without paying. Now it did not work a first time, so let's try something cheaper..

Also check the unrelated user question about the Centrino: "qty purchase, shipping to Singapore". It definitively bears the marks of a scammer trying new grounds when email is not enough.

Back