• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

SCSI2SD help

This works perfectly. I resized a 15000 rpm HP scsi drive to 8GB, split that into 4 2GB "hard disks" on the CQD220A, and installed RSTS with no problem at all; also 2.11BSD unix, RT11, and XXDP 2.5.

I'm pretty sure this is now just about the fastest pdp11/93 system ever built!
My other SCSI drives are Seagate Barracuda's. But none are 50 pin SCSI. They connect
quite well to my Adaptec SCSI controller in my Linux box. But I have to figure out how
to connect them to the 11/84. Only has a long 50 pin connector. I am working on this.

Sounds like you have it all set as you need.

My other SCSI drives are Seagate Barracuda's. But none are 50 pin SCSI. They connect
quite well to my Adaptec SCSI controller in my Linux box. But I have to figure out how
to connect them to the 11/84. Only has a long 50 pin connector. I am working on this.

I only have a few 50-pin SCSI hard drives. I have a bunch of 68-pin SCSI hard drives. I have been using those with 68-pin male / 50-pin male adapters. Those seem to be hard to find at a low cost in single unit quantities. I bought around 50 of them a while back at under $3 each and have as many of those as I'll ever need now.

I only have a few 50-pin SCSI hard drives. I have a bunch of 68-pin SCSI hard drives. I have been using those with 68-pin male / 50-pin male adapters. Those seem to be hard to find at a low cost in single unit quantities. I bought around 50 of them a while back at under $3 each and have as many of those as I'll ever need now.

I've been using these adapters with complete success myself. I think I found them at digikey for about that price in small quantities (5), I'll check and report back.

I've been using these adapters with complete success myself. I think I found them at digikey for about that price in small quantities (5), I'll check and report back.

Sounds like what I might need then. Thanks. I will check their web site.

Back