• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What experience can anyone share in building a case for your computer

Not me personally, but Greg Fretwell was known for making (Redwood?) wooden cases and re-installing PS/2 internals into them.
Check comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware for his contact details, although that's a public newsgroup anyway.

Guilty as charged - I have to admit my last case for a computer was made mostly out of clear plastic :p

I'm mostly on the side of the woodworkers on average. This time I just happened to have some scrap 10mm polycarbonate that taps for PCB standoffs quite nicely, and it was a Pi for my kid, where showing off the internals was part of the point ("you can see there are no hidden parts").

I'd never voluntarily use a blue LED though!

The acrylic Arduino Mega enclosure is pretty inexpensive, lesser than $3, so I have designed a Z80 CP/M homebrew specifically for that enclosure. This is what it looks like. I use a disk-on-module for hard disk because it is more compact than CF disk which sticks out too far.
Bill

Attachments

• zuno_annotated.jpg
    zuno_annotated.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 1
No, it is not S100. I read the recent discussion about acrylic enclosure, so I jumped in with my 2 cents, but forgot it was in the context of S100 enclosures.
Bill

Back