• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is this? Post Photos of Mystery Items Here (vintage computers only)

The ROM contents match up with the function. Could be an older model retrofitted with newer software.
There should also be a separate servo board that goes along with this.
Point is that if you were hoping for something different, I suspect that you'll be disappointed.

The ROM contents match up with the function. Could be an older model retrofitted with newer software.
There should also be a separate servo board that goes along with this.
Point is that if you were hoping for something different, I suspect that you'll be disappointed.
Lol, no, I just have had the board for awhile, wondering what it came from, and now that I know that it's from something decidedly uninteresting I was hoping to at least know the exact machine it came from, but not for any important reason and I don't really even care about that enough to expend anymore energy in finding out anymore. I've been wondering if it was just going to end up being another board that I can steal ics from and I guess I need not wonder anymore, lol.

Thank you all for your help!

Alan

Item 1. Two sandwiched boards. Likely from Computer Reset.

Attachments

• IMG_1222.JPG
    IMG_1222.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
Hi, i saw this thred and maybe some of You can help by identifing this old Hercules Graphic Card.

Attachments

• 20230819_094917.jpg
    20230819_094917.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 1.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 4.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 5.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 6.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 5
Haven't seen a posting here for awhile, so I might as well submit one. Whatzit? Lots of 10K series ECL on a wirewrap board.IMGP0003.JPG
The oscillator is a 60 Mhz job and the 8 packages on adapter boards are Fujitsu MB7072E. Date codes are 81-82 (I know, a gold bug's dream... :) ) Forgive my fat fingers on the left.

Plugboard for a piece of IBM unit-record equipment, perhaps a 514 reproducing punch? (just a stab in the dark) The folded card looks to be pretty faded--it's what we used to call the S/360 "Green card".

Item 1. Looks like some kind of Intel combination audio controller and microphone? Has 3-contact 3.5-mm. connector, USB connector, and judging by the icons, a brightness roller? Also has a holster that gets double-sided-taped to your monitor or computer case. There is a manufacturer's sticker, but I haven't yet figured out how to take it out of the holster to read it.
IMG_8609.jpg

Item 2. A Compaq Vocalyst keyboard spares #148080-101 from Computer Reset. Has some odd connector to the computer. Has audio ports on it and what looks like a speaker with a volume roller. Also has a PS/2 mouse port on its bottom. What computer did this go to, circa what year, and what was its purpose?
IMG_8613.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8618.jpg
    IMG_8618.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8617.jpg
    IMG_8617.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8615.jpg
    IMG_8615.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8614.jpg
    IMG_8614.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8612.jpg
    IMG_8612.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8611.jpg
    IMG_8611.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8610.jpg
    IMG_8610.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8609.jpg
    IMG_8609.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Item 3. RCA Wireless Phone Jack System. "Instant phone jack near your TV for easy RCA DSS receiver hookup." NIB. I can't figure out what this does. Does it use your house's internal electric wires to extend your home phone line? DSS is obviously some satellite service, judging by the logo. Was DSS itself made by RCA? Did DSS require a home phone connection for firmware updates, similar to TiVo?
IMG_8619.jpgIMG_8620.jpg

Item 4. A dust cover. Transparent front. That large back corner notch must be for wires. What computer or device would match this?
IMG_8621.jpgIMG_8622.jpg

The Compaq Vocalyst keyboard came with the Pentium multimedia computers in the Deskpro XL series, like this one: http://antiquehardware.blogspot.com/2013/04/compaq-deskpro-xl-590.html

For item 3, the RCA DSS (Digital Satellite Service) receivers were used for DirecTV, they had to have a phone line to order pay per view services. I'm sure it used something similar to the phone line ethernet that came out later, except analog (for telephone frequencies) instead of digital (Ethernet).

Item 4 is probably a VCR dust cover, since it doesn't look to be very tall.

Last edited:
Back