• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is this? Post Photos of Mystery Items Here (vintage computers only)

Item 1 is an Intel webcam.
Intel PC Camera. I think the later ones went by Easy PC Camera and ProShare, which was also the name for their earlier webcams that was just a composite NTSC camera and a bundled capture card. The thumbwheel is a focus adjustment. The Microphone isn't really part of the camera.

I liked those cameras. They had a better image quality than the Logitech QuickCam and worked fine with MSN Messenger and NetMeeting.

Item 3. RCA Wireless Phone Jack System. "Instant phone jack near your TV for easy RCA DSS receiver hookup." NIB. I can't figure out what this does. Does it use your house's internal electric wires to extend your home phone line?
Yep. Let you put a phone jack anywhere you had a wall outlet. Worked somewhat well for phones and low-speed data but that was it. With modern switchmode supplies and cheap electronics I've heard these can't tolerate the line noise in a modern house.
Depending on who you got your receiver from, DSS (Digital Satellite Service, AKA the mini-dishes that started popping up in the 90's) receivers needed a phone line for program guide updates or routine key updating. RCA sold receivers for DirecTV from the beginning and also had other accessories you could buy separately, such as RF remote controls, X10 interface adapters and phone line extenders.

Last edited:
a mystery that came in this week
made in the mid-80s z80 with 64k, kbd(?) crt and floppy controller but no obvious I/O chips
unfortunately no eproms
no manuf name
the other weird thing is the little switching supply only has a 63v chopper cap

Attachments

• mystery_pn.JPG
    mystery_pn.JPG
    746.2 KB · Views: 51
  • mystery_t.JPG
    mystery_t.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • mystery_b.JPG
    mystery_b.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
I'm guessing a dumb terminal of some sort. Z80, floppy interface, serial port, RJ11 for keyboard.

I'm guessing a dumb terminal of some sort. Z80, floppy interface, serial port, RJ11 for keyboard.
Most (did any) dumb terminals did not have a floppy interface. Looks like RF or composite out on full board picture. 4k of static RAM (AM9128 for video?) and another 8K of static RAM (D4364). I don't see any UARTs. It has a CRT5037 video chip. I don't see any ROM either. RJ connector is probably for keyboard.

What'd I miss/mess up?

Last edited:
Most (did any) dumb terminals did not have a floppy interface. Looks like RF or composite out on full board picture. 4k of static RAM (AM9128 for video?) and another 8K of static RAM (D4364). I don't see any UARTs. It has a CRT5037 video chip. I don't see any ROM either. RJ connector is probably for keyboard.

What'd I miss/mess up?
I know of quite a few Wang terminals, that used a floppy drive. Here's an example.

1699138538613.png

I know what it is, but not much about it. Working perfectly until a cap blew in the power supply, easy fix - caps are in their way.

People talk all about how these machines are rare and what not, but are they worth much. Fake bills are rare but they are worth nothing if you get what I’m saying…

It’s got full expansion I think it the best way to describe it, all the RAM and ROM cards as well as a OP-1 which lets you connect FDD, printers, and other bits and bo
72205699462__1675F1C2-7907-4F89-B044-C182760D9877.jpeg

Looks like ca. 1982

Z80 CPU
2716 EPROM
8) 2114 RAM
2) 8251A UART
MC14411 (BAUD Rate Gen?)

IMG_5651_2020-03-17.JPG

Last edited:
Intelligent Terminal Adapter? (EG: makes a dumb terminal a smart terminal)
I'm noticing around the rear ports you got duplicate IC's and even baudrate selection jumpers.

That sure does remind me of a shoebox Z80 machine I have, but it has a floppy controller too.

Seen this thing in my feed for a while. Thought it was maybe parts of a terminal? I tried looking it but nothing. Seller doesn't respond to inquiries. Not looking to buy as it looks rough, but curious as it looks like it has a 100 pin slot. Can't see a CPU. Maybe under the ribbon or maybe on a card that plugged into the slot.

Back