• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by bugman2112

1. B

IBM AT & Clone (Many 8bit/16bit cards) - Apple IIGS - Apple ii color moitors - (FREE)

IBM AT & Clone (Many 8bit/16bit cards) - Apple IIGS - Apple ii color moitors - (FREE) Moving Sale - Must reduce my collections. Local Pick-up preferred Clifton Park, NY area. Please private message if interested. -Brian
  2. B

286 Memory Management

I believe that DOS memory expanders did not become widely popular until the 386 because of the architecture of the processors? But I do see references to software that does seem to make extra memory available to programs (DOS 16/M?). But I have not been able to find anything to download that...
  3. B

Apple II Monitors

I need to get rid of several Apple branded, composite monitors (Apple II and III era). Several green and color (composite). Local pickup preferred as shipping these is a nightmare. Albany, NY area.
  4. B

5170 IDE Hard Drive

I have some questions regarding setting up my recently acquired IBM. I have an early 5170 with the piggy back RAM. I have a rev 1 , XTIDE board with v.10 BIOS I have a 3rd party, 16 bit, IDE / FDD controller (from Jameco). I have a western digital 6.4G hard drive that I am trying to get to...
  5. B

5170 ram

I just acquired an early 5170 motherboard with the piggy back RAM situation. I like to have backups, what is usually recommended to replace them with? A single 128k RAM chip?
  6. B

CH Gamecard III

Just purchased a boxed gamecard III by CH (Joystick Adapter) for a IBM PC/AT It is designed to adjust to your PC speed automatically. Problem is, the "automatic" is achieved through a proprietary program that is supposed to accompany the purchase. My boxed product contained everything but the...
  7. B

Xt-ide

Hey guys, Please dont shoot me for asking a question that i am sure is covered somewhere in this forum. Feel free to direct me to the right thread. I have an unbuilt xt-ide that i want to implement in a 5170. I had two, the first one i got up and running in an XT that i sold. I beleive it is...
  8. B

I'm on the market for a 5170 PC AT. IBM is preferred, but a clone with a similar design would be cosidered. There are a handful on ebay, but the $500+ prices are keeping me from acting. For possible credit/trade I have: apple //GS, 4xTecra 500 CDT series laptops (one has the docking station...
  9. B

Ibm pc at - 5170

Can I get a quick idea of what it will take to implement a 16bit ISA VGA card on a 5170? I put one in a 5160 a couple years back(8bit version), and needed to execute a small proprietry program (VGA.exe) from dos to get this to work. I think I had a paradise VGA card. I ask mainly becasue most...
  10. B

Apple //c monitor

Can anyone recommend some good literature on composite monitor adjustments? I have an apple //c green phosphor that works great, except the display is a little bent and tilted towards the right. I know there are some fine adjustments inside that I can tweak and would likely fix this. Instead...
  11. B

IBM / Coleco

IBM 5150 and 5160 computers. Both systems have original keyboards. I have many 8-bit video, joystick, serial/parallel, disk drive (original, 3.5 disk, and XTIDE) cards that go with these. Many extras. I should note that the 5150 is NOT a very early model with the lesser amount of RAM. I...
  12. B

IBM 5150 and 5160

I have a couple of working systems that I would like to part with. One 5150 and one 5160. I have several joystick cards, VGA cards, CGA cards, memory cards, I/O, Floppy card, 1.44 drive controller, XT-IDE card (protoype), etc. I also have a couple spare stock motherbaords, as well as, a...
  13. B

Super Expander +

I just purchased an Apple ][+. It arrived yesterday and contains a long card labeld Super Expander +. It appears to be fully populated with 256k ram chips (1 Meg total?) So, in an Apple ][+, what can I do with this card? Is there software that I can use to utilize this as a Ramdisk?
  14. B

Power Supply Surprise

I have been building and collecting vintage computers for a number of years now. I have always been surprised at how few equipment failures that I encounter. The majority of my collection is Apple ii, which I consider to be generally realiable (of course, a few bad ram chips here and there)...
  15. B

Z-100 game help

I'm trying to get an old game to work on my IBM PC XT. The game is called Warp. It is an old star trek type game that uses text only. It also uses a lot of realtime cursor addressing. The game started up fine, but when the actual game action starts, the screen is a mess of control "like"...
Back