• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. compaqportableplus

Vette! (1989) - Can’t get Hercules mode to work!

This game allegedly supports Hercules, but I can’t get it to run on my IBM XT with a genuine Hercules card! I have downloaded several different copies of the game, none of which have worked. I just get a blinking cursor and hear the game sounds, as if it’s trying to run in CGA mode. Is there...
  2. compaqportableplus

IBM 5150 08/16/82 BIOS - Has anyone ever seen this?

The early Rev A 5150 I recently got has a very strange BIOS dated 08/16/82. The chip is copyrighted 1982 and the part number is 5000024, which I have been unable to locate ANY info for online. The first-known 5160 BIOS is dated 08/16/82, but there doesn’t seem to be any info out there of a...
  3. compaqportableplus

IBM PC 5150 Rev. A S/N: 0126215

Found myself another early IBM PC! This one’s even older than the last one, though it needs a LOT more work. Lots of dirt and rust to tend to. Here’s some pics of it in the condition I received it. I will be stripped and carefully cleaning and testing each part one by one. It has a...
  4. compaqportableplus

"Don't Care"

Was looking at this Digilog 820 Protocol Analyzer on eBay just to see what it even was, and because it looks like an old luggable PC, and was very amused to see that it has a "Don't Care" key on the keyboard. (eBay link for anyone interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155725741578) I kind of...
  5. compaqportableplus

I finally own a GRiDCase 1520!

This has been a dream of mine since I started collecting, and it's finally a reality! Here's my new-to-me GRiDCase 1520! And it's the EXACT configuration I wanted also! Plasma display with single floppy and 20MB hard drive. It did cost me a little bit, but it was worth every penny. My...
  6. compaqportableplus

The South Looking for a GridCase 1520 Laptop

Exactly what the title says. I'd really like to finally add one of these to my collection. Only looking for a 1520, not looking for a Compass or any other 1500 series system. Doesn't have to be tested or in mint condition, as long as it's complete and not missing lots of parts. I'd prefer a...
  7. compaqportableplus

Compaq SLT/286 Prototype Revival

I can't believe it finally happened! I finally found a prototype Compaq SLT/286, something I've wanted for years now. I have a prototype SLT 386s/20 (signed by Rod Canion himself!) as well, which some of you may remember my post about. The SLTs are one of my favorite computers. My oldest...
  8. compaqportableplus

Gateway Handbook (original, not 486) - Info Wanted

I was wondering if anyone here has much experience with the original Gateway 2000 Handbook? I'm talking about the original 286-class model, NOT the 486 version. There's basically no info out there about the original. Potentially interested in getting one because I love the form factor, but I...
  9. compaqportableplus

Miniscribe 3650 Revival

I managed to pull this off. I successfully replaced the bad spindle motor in a Miniscribe 3650! I had a lot of fun with this, and seeing an old Miniscribe come back to life warms my heart. I got a really nice looking Miniscribe 3650 for cheap on eBay but when I first plugged it in, it didn’t...
  10. compaqportableplus

Should I back out of this eBay sale?

Okay, I don’t normally make threads like this, but I’m just really wondering about this one. So I sold one of my Dell Pentium 4 systems on eBay yesterday. I talked with the buyer prior to selling it to them and they asked me if I could set it up with a Windows Me/XP dual boot, which I said was...
  11. compaqportableplus

AST MonoGraphPlus

I just got an IBM XT in from eBay yesterday and it had this very interesting card in it! It’s an AST MonoGraphPlus. It’s basically like a SixPakPlus, but it trades the memory part for monochrome (Hercules compatible) graphics! It has all the other capabilities of a SixPakPlus, such as...
  12. compaqportableplus

Dual full-height floppy IBM XT 5160?

I was looking on eBay at the completed items for IBM 5160s, and saw this earlier production XT with dual full-height floppies and no hard drive. My question is, did IBM actually offer this configuration from the factory? I know they sold versions of the later 256KB-640KB XTs without a hard...
  13. compaqportableplus

Finally got a Rev A 5150!

After many years of wanting one, I finally own an early-revision IBM 5150 PC. There was a seller with an IBM 5150 on eBay (just a regular Rev B), and it was sitting on a stack of several others, one of which was this Rev A that caught my eye. So I I figured they were long since sold most...
  14. compaqportableplus

Compaq Deskpro 386/20

Instead of building myself a 386 PC like I had planned to do for so long, I sold my 386 motherboard and got something better.  Here is my Compaq Deskpro 386/20, built in 1987. I've wanted one of these for ages! This was the updated model to the original Deskpro 386 released a year earlier...
  15. compaqportableplus

Compaq Portable 286!

It took many years, but damnit, I finally have one now! Most people don't seem to be aware of this machine's existence, and think they went from the Portable, Plus then straight to the Portable II, but this machine came out in 1985 after the Plus and before the Portable II! This is a fully...
  16. compaqportableplus

Almost Unused Compaq SLT/286!

As some of you may know, the Compaq SLTs are some of my favorite vintage systems. I check eBay daily for Compaq SLTs, and stuff like this is the reason why. I saw this nice early production SLT/286 (made in the 46th week of 1988) come up and could tell it was in incredible condition, so I bought...
  17. compaqportableplus

Compaq Portable Serial Number 001229

This is an extremely special Compaq Portable I found on eBay a while back in a hideously dirty state and non-working. I would normally not buy a computer in such bad condition, but when I saw this machine's serial number, I knew it had to be saved. It was serial number 001229, the lowest I have...
  18. compaqportableplus

The South WTB: Conner CP-3000 series hard drives

I’m looking for Conner CP-3000 series IDE drives, which includes the CP-3000, CP-3021, CP-3021i, CP-3022, CP-3024, CP-3041 and CP-3044. I’ll take them working, non-working or completely untested. Let me know if you have anything. Thank you!
  19. compaqportableplus

The South WTB: Toshiba T3200SX Dead or Alive

Anybody have a Toshiba T3200SX in decent physical condition? It doesn’t have to work, just needs to be complete. Willing to pay up to $125 plus shipping if working, and up to $75 if not working or untested. Thank you!
  20. compaqportableplus

Selling my Tandy 1000 RSX

Well, I’ve got my eyes on something else I really want, and this Tandy is not seeing the use it deserves, so I have put it up on eBay with no reserve. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133989160357?hash=item1f326055a5:g:WG4AAOSwIblh2omh Feel free to bid!
Back