• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. billdeg

THESYS Memory Products ( ASSY 0000455300 ) IDE controller Manual Wanted

Does anyone have the operations manual with jumpers/settings for the THESYS Memory Products ( ASSY 0000455300 ) IDE controller? It's a Korean multi-purpose board for the XT-class computer, produced in 1985, full length, with RAM, battery, and various port options. It also has an annoying...
  2. billdeg

May 20 Swap and Hack-a-thon @ Kennett Classic (Between Baltimore and Philadelphia)

Kennett Classic May 20th hack-a-thon and Swap May 20th, 2023 | 9AM – 11PM 115 S. Union St. Kennett Square, Pennsylvania 19348 (Hack-a-thon is in our large workspace "The Garage" across the street from the museum) Plenty of room for everyone, tables, chairs and power supplied. REGISTER NOW TO...
  3. billdeg

Pairing a model ASR 33 Teletype with an Altair or IMSAI

Does anyone here have a dedicated pairing of their Altair or IMSAI with a Teletype as described in the 1975/6 manuals? I realize most people have some sort of emulated storage or CP/M disk set up. The issue for me is the lack of non-volitile RAM (no core). As a result one has to load long...
  4. billdeg

DEC RK05 decpacs

Sharing a pic from my basement.
  5. billdeg

Kennett Classic Spring Event May 20th

Vintage Hack-a-thon / swap loose fun event. We have a growing community of hobbyists in the south-eastern PA / north MD / Delaware area, if you're from the area please plan to visit. Bring your computer project, swap items, etc. Mark your calendars: Saturday May 20th 9AM-? Please contact...
  6. billdeg

Sept 25th 2021 Kennett Classic Updates

Only 9 days until the 2nd-annual Kennett Classic URL for more info: https://www.kennettclassic.com/ Download flyer: https://www.kennettclassic.com/kc2/kennett-classic-flyer-KC-II.pdf WHAT: Our yearly event to celebrate another year of operations. WHERE: 115 S. Union St. Kennett Square, PA...
  7. billdeg

Checking in after a long hiatus

Hi everyone. It has been two years since we launched Kennett Classic. Things continue to move along nicely and I am hoping that some of you here might be interested in the event we're having, "Kennett Classic v 1.9" on September 25th. I posted the flyer in the Events section, but more generally...
  8. billdeg

Kennett Classic Opens October 18th, 2019

https://www.kennettclassic.com Our new project, Kennett Classic, is our new brick and mortar location in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania USA. Together with vintagecomputer.net, Kennett Classic will help bring to fruition our mission of preserving computing history through restoration, archiving...
  9. billdeg

P500 shell for sale on Ebay - Worth it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commodore-P500-Case-and-Keyboard-Super-Rare-like-C-64-PET-CBM/323574947319?hash=item4b5691ddf7:g:ycwAAOSw7R9b~jqL Anyone here going for this? I guess it's worth it if you have the motherboard
  10. billdeg

Dan Roganti

Dan Roganti, RIP buddy.
  11. billdeg

Vax 4000 705a

Started working on one of these systems. So far it boots, but there are no drives attached yet so it has not OS to boot. I have a few external SCSI towers to attach and an external DSSI drive bay as well. The internal drives are disabled. a partial listing, the show config command...
  12. billdeg

MITS Altair AM Radio Music Jukebox

This video demos new music written for the MITS Altair using RF Interference to play music over the AM Radio. Steve Dompier's May 1975 People's Computer Company newsletter article Music of a Sort (republished in Dr. Dobbs Feb 1976) describes how one would generate music with a MITS Altair by...
  13. billdeg

PDP 11/05 does not complete current loop in teletype

I am working to narrow down why one of my pdp 11/05's does not complete the current loop connection with a Teletype ASR33. Assuming it's a power supply issue. Teletype works fine with other systems, controller cards work fine in another PDP 11/05. Cable is good. So it must be something in...
  14. billdeg

SGI Octane - TAG

This is a post from my SGI Octane using SGI Netscape, the same one I have been working on lately. I am working to make it as useable as possible within the boundaries of the IRIX OS 6.5.x. I am currently installing freeware that I have found, in the background. This is a 64-bit system...
  15. billdeg

Drive Tray for Octane

I have restored my SGI Octane functionally, but I need a tray to hold the drive steady. Will this one work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAY-32889-05A-013-3807-001-42905-03-for-TP912G/311348896872 Yours in vintage computing, Bill
  16. billdeg

outbound networking SGI Octane running IRIX 6.5

Hi - I am having issues (running as root) with outbound TCP/IP of my SGI Octane running IRIS 6.5. UDPATE (revised issue) I am having issues getting the system to locate hosts outside of the immediate subnet. I have tried both the COMCAST and open DNS. Is there a trick to getting an IRIS...
  17. billdeg

Bell and Howell Ebay Auction with Stencil - Clean off or Keep?

There's a Bell and Howell Apple II for sale here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Bell-Howell-APPLE-II-Computer-BLACK/372338255727 It has a stencil from the previous owner on it. If you the Apple collector were to buy this, will you clean off the stencil or keep it? Believe it or not, despite...
  18. billdeg

Forum Issues, Let's work together to determine some details

Hi all, I have been reading about forum issues and following the threads related. Thanks everyone for reporting in. Problem is, when I use the forum I don't have any slowness. So, I'd like to ask that we use this thread to help me track down the cause of the slowness. Please report issues as...
  19. billdeg

VAX m7168-00 VCB02 - VR299 the only display that works?

What displays, other than the VR299 are compatible with the VAX m7168/69 VCB02 housed in a Microvax 3800? It has a DB15 video connector. Can one use a VR241 or a newer Alpha-era display? The VCM02 manual (EK-104AA-TM) refers specifically to the VR299 display. I have the cable but I don't...
Back