• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Best Way To Clean 1/4" External Disk Drive Heads Without Taking The Drive Apart?

What's the best way to clean 5 1/4" external disk drive heads without taking the drive apart? I would get a "cleaning kit" but $40-50 is just absurd. Is there a way to make a homemade 5 1/4" "cleaning" disk using the housing of a typical 5 1/4" disk and replacing the internal disk media with...
  2. P

For Anyone Who Wants To Get A GRiD Bag For Their GRiD System

I thought I'd share some information on various GRiD bags so other people could make sure if they come across one they will know if it fits their system. This is one of them: This type of bag will perfectly fit a GRiD 1720, 1750, 1755, or 1755 486/SLC and possibly the 1810 but none of the...
  3. P

Came Across A Store On eBay that has some unusual GRiD items

Not my store, I am not affiliated with the store in any way, I have no idea who the person is that runs the store nor whose stuff they are selling. I thought I'd mention it here since it seems like some of the stuff is unusual enough to warrant a mention. Also, if anyone buys anything, and...
  4. P

Tandy 1500HD/2810/3810HD Laptop 26-Pin FPC Floppy Drive Ribbon Cable

Does anyone know if the 26 connector FPC floppy drive ribbon cable pinout for the Tandy 1500HD/2810/3810HD laptops is known? Or if it is a common standard? I've come across a number of 34-pin + floppy power connector to 26 connector FPC floppy drive cable adapters and want to find out if that...
  5. P

GRiD 1755 486SLC, Just 20 MHz Models or 20 & 25 MHz Models?

I've noticed recently in several early 90's publications and on several websites they list the GRiD 1755 486SLC as being either a 20 MHz or 25 MHz processor. In all of these instances the badges on the machines are all the same as the ones I have personally seen IRL that are confirmed 20 MHz...
  6. P

Highly Accessible USB To Parallel Port Interface & External 5 1/4 Floppy To USB Interface

I ran across two things I thought would be of interest from the same professor while looking for more information on an external 5 1/4 Floppy drive that would be compatible with modern Windows/DOS systems. I figure these might be known already, but I thought I'd make this thread anyway just in...
  7. P

PS/2 to USB-C (or preferably, SDL to USB-C)

Anyone know of a decent source of a quality PS/2 to USB-C converter? I've seen the writing on the wall, the world is heading towards USB-C, and I'd like to be ahead of the curve to ensure I can keep using my beloved Model M (Any Model M haters or commentators, please hold your responses, as a...
  8. P

Torn Flat Ribbon Cable - Can Anything Be Done?

I have one of those awful orange, semi-transparent flat ribbon cables that were used for interfacing hard drives and floppy drives back in the early 90's laptops. Looks like this: The damn thing tore on me, and I'll be damned if I can think of anyway to repair the stupid thing. I'm hoping...
  9. P

The Motherload of GRiD Systems!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274347098031 It kills me this guy wants to sell the whole thing as a group! It says local pickup, but then it says Shipping is additional. So I guess it can be shipped. Anyone interested in a group buy?
  10. P

Lack Of Information On The Internet About GRiD Systems

Does anyone know why there is such a lack of information about GRiD systems on the internet? Information on most systems and hardware from most manufacturers of the contemporaneous time period (early 1990's) is relatively easy to come by, but it seems like information on GRiD systems, besides...
  11. P

Does Anyone Know Which GRiD Systems Take This Type of RAM?

I was surprised to learn that the GRiD 2260/GRiDPad took this type of memory module, since this is the same type that is used in the GRiD 1755. Does anyone know which models, besides these two, used this RAM module type? I have a spare one that is low capacity (2 MB) and if someone else in...
  12. P

Anyone Seen a Cigarette Lighter GRiD Power Adapter Like This Before?

Has anyone seen this type of cigarette lighter power adapter for a GRiD system like this? The angle of the picture makes the front hard to see, but to me it looks like the type of interface for a GRiD 2260 (GriDPad)?
  13. P

Request: Well Established Member For Recapping of Early 1990's Laptop Motherboard

I'm looking for a well established member here that could recap an early 1990's laptop motherboard. Basically, all the electrolytic caps need to be replaced, and they are preventing the DC-DC circuit from working correctly, which is preventing the system from powering up. I can't do this kind...
  14. P

Modem For GRiD 1720/1750/1720/1660C/1680/1680C - Drivers? Information?

Does anyone know anything about a modem that is compatible with the GRiD 1720/1750/1720/1660C/1680/1680C? They all use the same modem interface, so the one I found seems to be compatible with all of them. It came out of a GRiD 1755. I have confirmed physical compatibility with the...
  15. P

GRiD 1755 Manuals

Any chance anyone here has the GRiD 1755 or 1755/486SLC manuals?
  16. P

How To Deal With a System That Belonged To A Very Heavy Smoker?

What is the suggested methodology for dealing with a motherboard that is so caked in a thick "residue" from its former owner being a heavy smoker that the board is one uniform black/brown color and nothing can be intimated about the components on the board except for their rough shape?
  17. P

WTB: Tandy or MicroSolutions BackPack External 5.25" Drive

I'm looking to buy a Tandy external 5.25" drive (250-1087/25-1087) or MicroSolutions BackPack external 5.25" drive (Model: 012525) Must be tested/known working, and include AC adapter. If you have one of the above, don't hesitate to send me a PM indicating what you want for it, and a...
  18. P

WTB: Cyrix CxSLC87-25-JP or 387SL-25 FPU

I want to buy a Cyrix CxSLC87-25-JP / Cx387SL-25 / Cx387SLC-25-JP FPU In PLCC-68 Packaging If you have one, don't hesitate to send me a PM indicating what you want for it, and a zip/postal code (to get an idea on shipping), you will find I am very reasonable. Here are some example pics...
  19. P

WTB: Digispeech DS301A Portable Sound Plus

I want to buy a Digispeech DS301A Portable Sound Plus. This is an image of the item I am looking for: If you have one, don't hesitate to send me a PM indicating what you want for it, and a zip/postal code (to get an idea on shipping), you will find I am very reasonable. Thank You :D
  20. P

WTB: Functional Tandy 3820HD, GRiD 1755, DECpc 320p, or Panasonic CF-380

I want to buy a functional Tandy 3820HD, GRiD 1755, DECpc 320p, or Panasonic CF-380. HD status doesn't matter to me. Amount of memory also does not matter. I would prefer a functional floppy drive, but that is not essential. I basically want a system that will boot and function. All the systems...
Back