• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Need Help Getting my 5162 up and running - Disk 602 error

OK everyone. Finally got it working using speedstor. Thanks for all your help. I now have a working Mint condition 5162!!!
  2. S

OK.. got past that point by running diagnostics. I managed to FDISK drive c. I can switch to drive c. However attempting to format drive C gives me an "invalid media" error :(. So got to figure that out now.
  3. S

OK. Progress!!!! Turns out it needed a new battery. So I ordered a replacement 6V on Amazon. It now recognizes the GoTek (So I can put that back in... thank goodness). Ran setup and it now sees both the gotek as well as the 1.2MB floppy. Next issue is getting the HD to be recognized. It is a...
  4. S

But that is the KB controller chip. KB works just fine. You sure this is related?
  5. S

Thanks for your reply. The floppy "was" good the last time I used it... 2 years ago. No other error codes. Stored in AC room in box The one disk drive was changed from a 1.2MB USB drive to a physical 360K floppy. I seem to recall that you have to configure that change in setup.
  6. S

It's been a very long time since I posted. I had a 5162 in storage that I have just pulled out. I had a USB floppy emulator plugged in, but that seems to have failed. If I leave it connected, the 5162 won't power one. Remove it and it does. It's OK. I don't need it. I now have 2 drives: 1)...
  7. S

WTB: Working MFM/RLL Hard drive

Looking for a working MFM/RLL HD. Trying to stay under $30 shipped if at all possible. I know it is a big ask. I do have quite a number of components I would be willing to trade. If you are looking for something, let me know, and I will see if I have it.
  8. S

WANTED: 5.25" Black Drive Bay Covers (That fit an IBM 5150/5160)

As I have learned (the hard way), not all 5.25" drive bay covers fit the 5150/60. I am looking for ones that will fit. Willing to pay for the covers + shipping to Orlando, FL. Thanks.
  9. S

Anyone here use FlashFloppy on a Gotek for IBM 5150/60/70?

So I got a GoTek and flashed it with FlashFloppy. I have ALMOST everything working. The only thing I can't figure is how to get it to boot from the GoTek USB. I have tried creating an IMG from a boot disk and I adding it to the USB, but it just won't boot from the IMG. Has anyone got a GoTek...
  10. S

GoTek on an IBM 5150/5160/AT - Need your help

Hey guys, I know there are many places that discuss GoTek, but I can't seem to find the info I need. I would like to get one of there. Mainly to help setup 5150/5160/AT's that I restore. I noticed on eBay, that they sell different models. You can get the 1.44Mb models REALLY cheap on eBay...
  11. S

Looking for utility that provides track info for bad sectors on MFM/RLL Hard Disks

Hey All, I have a HD that has a number of bad sectors. I am looking for a DOS utility that will provide the track info needed for those sectors, so I can enter in the LLF exclusion table. CHKDSK and SCANDISK does NOT provide that info. Thanks.
  12. S

Help me upgrade my IBM 5170 - To the MAX!

Hi all, I managed to pick up an IBM 5170... a PC I have wanted more than any other. I don't even have it yet. I don't even know if it is the 6Mhz... or the 8Mhz version. All I know is that even though it was dirty, It looked like it would clean up really well. No paint scratches. No dents...
  13. S

WANTED: IBM Model 5170

I have always wanted one of these in my collection. If anyone has a "reasonably" priced one for sale, please let me know.
  14. S

Wanted: IBM Model 5155 handle screws

Can't find pics of the screws... Best I can offer is this view
  15. S

Wanted: IBM Model 5155 handle screws

After spending 20+ hours restoring an IBM 5155 Luggable PC, I got to the very last part, namely reinstalling the handle and realized I can’t find the screws for the handle. I had soaked them in Vinegar, then wrapped them in a paper towel. I did put the paper towel in a baggy, but for some reason...
  16. S

Need help: Everex EV-640 CGA/Mono combo card dip switch settings

Hey guys, I have this card, but I can find ZERO info about it, specifically what the dip switch settings would be to switch between CGA and mono. Was wondering if anyone can help? Pics attached. Thanks.
  17. S

Can someone explain how to convert Kryoflux .raw to me?

I have a Trackstart 128 card. Problem is the software to use it is copy protected. ldkraemer (member on this board) has a disk. He also know someone that can use Kryoflux to create a .raw image of the disk. As a matter of fact, someone has already posted the .raw files in another thread. My...
  18. S

URGENT: Need Trackstar 128 Disk

Hey guys. I am in urgent need of a Trackstar 128 disk. I followed the thread below, downloaded the img files and they don't work (they still have the copy protection)...
  19. S

8087 coprocessor. Heat question

I installed a 8087 coprocessor into my 5160. Changed the dip switch. Boots. No error. However, after running it for 10 minutes, it is very hot to the touch. Is this normal. The 8086 processor is hot too, but the 8087 is hotter.
Back