• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. TJ_Mossman

PDP-8 Timesharing - is anyone still doing this on real hardware?

Does anyone still have a timesharing system running on their PDP-8? I know Josh Dersch modified TSS/8 to run from an RK05 on the LCM's 8/e, but since the LCM closed down I don't know of any other timesharing 8's that are still running. With any luck I'll get ETOS running soon, as I found the...
  2. TJ_Mossman

RK05 platter seating confusion

A few months ago I picked up an RK05j for my PDP-8/e, and I've finally got around to replacing the foam and testing the electronics, which so far seem fine. However when trying to load a cartridge, it doesn't seem to stick to the spindle magnet correctly, as the platter hits the "duckbill" when...
  3. TJ_Mossman

Wanted: Help packing and shipping a PDP-11/35 in rack. (Pasadena, CA)

Is there anyone near the Pasadena CA area who'd be willing to crate up this rack of PDP-11 gear (sans Altair, plus RK05) and drop it off at the Port of LA for me? Cash, hardware, and beer can be provided in exchange. I'd do it myself, but I can't enter the US until the COVID restrictions are over.
  4. TJ_Mossman

FS: TI-59 Programmable Calculator with PC-100B printer/dock.

I received a TI-59 Programmable Calculator with PC-100B printer as part of a bundle of other stuff. The printer unit lights up but no voltage appears on the terminals that connect it to the calculator. I believe the battery (which I don't have) needs to be connected for it to work properly. I...
  5. TJ_Mossman

FTGH: BBC Micro Case and Keyboard

FTGH: BBC Micro Case and Keyboard. It's pretty dirty but should probably clean up OK. If there's no interest I may consider saving keycaps if anyone needs any. For pics see: https://imgur.com/a/HShJUIa
  6. TJ_Mossman

FS: VT510 Terminal (Bristol, England. Can ship internationally.)

Selling my VT510. Good working order, only flaws are the odd scuff and some very minor yellowing. Owned since new, only had a few months of use so no burn-in. Uses a normal PS/2 keyboard (not included) For pics, see here. Open to offers, feel free to DM me.
  7. TJ_Mossman

MOS KIM-1 with Corsham 60K RAM expansion and I/O.

Selling my KIM-1 (Rev A, MOS Branded) with Corsham 60K RAM expansion, I/O interface (RS-232 and cassette), and Manual (reprint I think) Working order, got it to run Tiny BASIC last time I had a proper play with it. Has some minor PCB rework but in otherwise nice shape. I'm in England but can...
  8. TJ_Mossman

FS: Fabri-Tek MP12 Boards and Documentation

I got some Fabri-Tek gear going spare that was bundled with some PDP-8 stuff I bought recently. They appear to be protoboards of some kind, there's some documents hinting at a custom paper tape interface for a flexowriter compatible teleprinter, so it may have been for that. Obviously selling...
  9. TJ_Mossman

OS/78 / Commercial BASIC Documentation, and differences between different OS/8 BASICs

Hi All, I'm planning on doing a few projects in OS/8 BASIC, and am looking for the most feature-complete version I can find. While looking at David Gesswein's site (http://www.pdp8online.com/images/images/os8.shtml), I found that there's a few available - namely: OS/8 with BASIC OS/8 with...
  10. TJ_Mossman

"DECtube" (DECtape storage)

So it turns out that the standard diameter of rain gutter here is just the right size to hold reels of DECtape... £5 and a trip to the hardware store later and now I have this. I hope someone finds this useful :)
  11. TJ_Mossman

Refinishing a PDP-8/e panel?? (peeling clearcoat but graphics are intact underneath)

Hi All, One of the items I saved from the scrapper in Utah was a PDP-8/e. When I first saw the pics of it (showing a snapped and bent bezel), I'd assumed that the front panel had been cracked too. When it arrived however, I could see that the panel itself wasn't in that bad shape. There's a few...
  12. TJ_Mossman

Replacement bushings and spring for TU56 drive motors?

Hi All, I've had a 2nd TU56 arrive the other week, and I've just got around to giving it an initial look-over before I start refurbishing it. One thing that was immediately apparent is that all but one of the drive motors had seized up. After getting them out I could see that at some point the...
  13. TJ_Mossman

Wanted: x2 orange switch levers for PDP-8/e

I'm looking for a couple of orange switch levers to restore a PDP-8/e panel.
  14. TJ_Mossman

Wanted: PDP-8/f front panel.

I've just bought a PDP-8/f that's missing its front panel. If anyone has one, I'd like to buy it or trade for something.
  15. TJ_Mossman

PDP-8 stuff saved from a scrapper in Utah, needs a good home.

Hi All, I recently found out that a scrapper in Utah had started pulling apart a PDP-8/a for its metals, so gave him an earful to say the least... Well, he got back to me, and after some back-and-fourths and a zoom call we managed to figure out a good deal of what he still has. So, if anyone's...
  16. TJ_Mossman

Wanted: DEC H960 rack - will buy or trade with newer style DEC rack.

I'm looking for an H960 rack. I'd either like to buy it, or trade for a newer DEC rack that looks like a H9644 but taller. I believe the SA600 storage array used it. I'm near Bristol, England.
  17. TJ_Mossman

FS: Sun 4/260 or 4/280 Motherboard (SUNRISE CPU)

Hi All, I have a motherboard that I believe was from a Sun-4 4/260 or4/280. It's untested, but visually OK apart from missing ROMs and bent pins on a couple of PALs. Selling As-Is as I have no means of testing it. It's listed on eBay UK, item number 224211002357. The price is a placeholder...
  18. TJ_Mossman

WTT: PDP-8/f or m (with or without cards)

Hi All, I'm looking for a PDP-8/f or m. At a minimum I'd like the chassis with PSU, front panel, and backplane as I already have enough spare OMNIBUS boards to build up a basic system, although I'd still be interested in the boards if you have any. Depending on the configuration and condition...
  19. TJ_Mossman

DECtape adventures (Restoring a TU56 and TD8-E)

Hi All, Recently I bought a TU56 for my PDP-8/e setup, so thought why not document my progress here? The story so far... July 6th: Bought Drive from Al Kossow. August 8th: Drive safely arrives in Britain via DHL, thanks to some help from Bob Rosenbloom and his son with packing. August 20th...
  20. TJ_Mossman

Wanted: Someone to test a KD11-A board set.

Hi All, I'm stuck in England right now so haven't been able to get any work done on my 11/35 that's in California. I do however have a complete KD11-A board set here, and most of a spare set back in CA (minus the M7231). If anyone either side of the pond has a working 11/40 class system, I'd...
Back