• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Do I have a basic MSX computer?

A few months ago I picked up an old video arcade machine off the side of the road. It was a Dodge City video poker machine from the early 90s made by Merit Industries. The cabinet was water damaged and I couldn't really use it for anything nor could I find anyone who wanted it, so I scrapped it...
  2. K

FS: IBM terminal and other IBM and other stuff - NJ

Hey folks. Selling some stuff to help pay my tuition. I may add stuff later today IBM 3179G Twinax graphics terminal with Model M-122 keyboard. Terminal powers on to a blank screen and just beeps incessantly. There are a few key caps missing from the keyboard. $100 IBM PC 5150 64/256 board with...
  3. K

XT/370 Questions

Hey Everyone! This weekend I will hopefully be going to pick up some more IBM hardware to play with. The seller doesn't know anything about it as he just grabbed it all when his employer was going to toss it, but from the photos, it appears to be a standard 5170 with keyboard, a 3178 terminal...
  4. K

USB Floppy Drive that supports 720K

Hi! Can anyone recommend a USB floppy drive that supports reading/writing/formatting 720KB diskettes, especially formatting 1.44MB diskettes as 720? Thanks! Joe
  5. K

Troubleshooting / Repairing floppy drive on a PS/2 Model P70

Hey Everyone! I've got an IBM PS/2 P70 that I got on eBay a few years ago and I just started playing with it again. It turns on and comes up with the normal errors for system configuration, wanting to boot to the reference diskette. However, with the diskette in the drive, it spins up, but...
  6. K

Trade a bunch of Commodore Stuff for...? NJ

Greetings! I recently happened upon a lot of Commodore computers and accessories. However, I'm not terribly interested in them. My focus lately has been on my Apple IIc system and my IBM PS/2 P70. I'd like to trade the whole lot for something more interesting, at least to me. Here's what I have...
  7. K

Wtb: dead commodore 1541 central NJ

Greetings! I recently picked up a bunch of commodore stuff with 3 64s and a vic20. I also got 2 1540 drives, which as I understand are not usable with the C64 unless you swap out an EPROM from a 1541. Anyone have a dead one that I can harvest the firmware from? Thank You!
  8. K

Commodore 64 System

Hi All! I'm looking for a C64 system setup, including a datasette, a 1541, a printer and a monitor. A modem and joystick would be nice too. Let me know what you have and what you want for it. Thank you! James
  9. K

Portable Microprocessor Training Lab info needed

Hey. I'm not sure if this goes here or with portables. Move it as you see fit. About a month ago I picked up at an estate sale microprocessor training lab made by Integrated Computer Systems. It is a Intel 8080 single board computer with a power supply along with a separate IO board and some...
  10. K

Battery for PS/2 P70

Greetings! I have a IBM PS/2 P70 386 on the way and I'm going to have to replace the CMOS battery. Anybody know what kind or part number? I'd like to order it ahead of time. I'm also not averse to making one if necessary. I'm also going to have the fun of repairing the floppy drive, but I've...
  11. K

USB on Older PC

Greetings! Did anyone ever make a USB interface card for either ISA or VESABus? I have a 486 system I'd like to use for writing floppies for other computers and a would like an easy way to transfer files from my laptop. I know that FreeDOS can handle USB mass storage. Thanks! Joe
  12. K

720k on Windows 10?

Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to format a floppy disk to 720k within Windows 10, or would I have to do it in a VM? Also, is a modern USB floppy drive capable of formatting to 720k? I'd rather not have to buy another laptop with Windows 98 and a floppy drive. Thanks! Joe
  13. K

Hey from NJ!

Greetings! My name is Joe. I was on this forum years ago but lost my logon info and I haven't been here in at least 5 years. I collect lots of things but thanks to a recent move, I have no room for any of it. I pay nearly $100 a month to have this eclectic collection. However, I do not consider...
  14. K

upgrading to newer OS on Powerbook 5300 with only floppies

Hi. I don't know if early PowerPC is okay on this forum. If it isn't, I'm sorry I have a Powerbook 5300c (but it has a mono screen) and I want to be able to use it for "light computing," as a word processor and maybe some very light internetting. I've got an old Orinoco 802.11a/b card that I...
Back