• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Anonymous Coward

Undocumented XT286 motherboard

I recently came across some photos of an XT286 which I initially thought had an aftermarket motherboard installed due the presence of an integrated chipset. However, on closer inspection the board appears to be manufactured by IBM. Unlike normal 5162 boards it has no SIMM slots and four rows of...
  2. Anonymous Coward

5162 XT/286 SIMMs

I seem to recall somebody had figured out a way to modify standard 256kb SIMMs to work in the 5162. Does anyone remember the link to the post that describes how to do it?
  3. Anonymous Coward

5170 "Skyrocket" Prototype

I recently read through this thread on: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware Skyrocket was the code name for an AT prototype that had 640kb on the motherboard. Does anyone know if photos of this system exist?
  4. Anonymous Coward

Chips & Technologies "CHiPs" CS82310 "PEAK/DM" 386 chipset

I have a Silicon Star FU340 386 motherboard based on the PEAK/DM chipset. Existing documentation claims it supports 32MB and 256kb cache memory, however neither 32MB nor 256kb configurations work properly. I know my board is not damaged, because there are one or two others with the same board...
  5. Anonymous Coward

ATi Mach32 for proprietary local bus video slot (ebay)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ati-Mach-32-GQ8LA800-i-VIDEO-TLC34075-110FN-92320-48-49204-001-LOCAL-VGA-/181607448890?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2a48a5c13a This has to be pretty rare. Not exactly cheap, but very interesting.
  6. Anonymous Coward

WTB: Evergreen Rev to 486 (model 386DX2+)

Looking for the upgrade that uses a surface mount TI486SXL2 chip.
  7. Anonymous Coward

CompuAdd 320/325 SIMM board

This is not my auction, but as these proprietary RAM cards are very hard to find I figured I'd post the link here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-4-CIRCUIT-MEMORY-BOARD-ISA-ADD-ON-CARD-FAN-CARD-VINTAGE-/251604008129?pt=US_Vintage_Computing_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a94c47cc1 It appears to be...
  8. Anonymous Coward

Bit rot in EPROMs

How common of a problem is this exactly? Have any of you guys personally had any hardware succumb to bit rot? Should I be dumping all my old ROMS?
  9. Anonymous Coward

Is it possible to map RAM over top of ROM?

I would like to alter the contents of the byte located at F000:E6FA. This is where the BIOS resides. Is it possible to map RAM overtop of the ROM that exists at this locations so that programs reading it will see the contents of the RAM rather than the ROM?
  10. Anonymous Coward

Memory writes with DEBUG not being "retained"

I am using PC DOS 2K with empty autoexec.bat and config.sys. I am attempting to setup an EBDA (extended BIOS data area) at memory location 9FC0:0000. I am able to write the correct values into the normal BIOS Data area (0040:00XX) using DEBUG E command, but when I try to write to data to...
  11. Anonymous Coward

Need help defeating AMIBIOS Checksum

User Feipoa, NJRoadFan and myself have been attempting to build an adapter that allows a PS/2 mouse to connect to AT type machines without native support for such. We have already tested and built said adapter. My version of it actually sandwiches in between the 8042 and the 40-pin DIP socket...
  12. Anonymous Coward

keyboard controller command byte

I would like to read (and later alter) the contents of the command byte. However, I have so far not been successful. I am using instructions provided here: http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-11.html#kcca8 When I follow the instructions, I get 1C, which as far as I can tell is the...
  13. Anonymous Coward

WTB: A good 386 motherboard

I am looking for a 386 motherboard that can handle DMA, 32MB of RAM and 256kb cache, preferably with bank interleave on both the SRAM and DRAM. Therefore, something based on C&T PEAK/DM, SiS Rabbit or VLSI VL82C386 would be nice. These are usually full length baby AT sized. Oh yeah, and the...
  14. Anonymous Coward

Power Supply for Acer J3 Motherboard

I recently obtained an old Acer J3 motherboard with matching dual Pentium 60 CPU card. In addition to the standard AT power supply connectors there is a 10 pin molex connector which I would guess is for handling the extra load of the Dual CPU card. So far I have determined the J3 board has...
  15. Anonymous Coward

FREE: Late 486/Early Pentium Era CD-ROM Games

-Caesar II -Betrayal in Antara + Betrayal at Krondor -Riven: The Sequel to Myst -The Need for Speed SE -Civilization II: Gold Edition -Sim Safari, Sim Isle, Streets of Sim City (in SC2000 box) Sorry, the original contents of the SC2000 box were lost. All of this software was obtained during...
  16. Anonymous Coward

FREE: 486 Era VGA Games (in original boxes)

-Quest for Glory III: Wages of War EGA/VGA (3.5") -King's Quest V VGA (3.5") -Red Baron VGA(3.5") -Rise of the Dragon VGA(3.5") -Space Quest 1 VGA (3.5", Amiga, setup disk missing) -Space Quest IV VGA (3.5") -Test Drive II (3.5") -Silent Service II (3.5") -MS Flight Simulator 5 VGA(3.5") -Prince...
  17. Anonymous Coward

FREE: Win NT 3.51, Win 3.0, DOS 4.01, VB, Linux, Datacad

Up for grabs are boxed copies of: -Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51 (CD-ROM) -Microsoft Windows V3.0 (720kb floppy) -Microsoft MS-DOS V4.01 (5.25" floppy 360k?) -Microsoft Visual Basic Professional (5.25" floppy, sealed) -Redhat Linux V5.2 (CD-ROM) -Cadkey Datacad V5 (1.44mb floppy) All...
  18. Anonymous Coward

FREE PC Jr. (for US buyers only)

I am doing an international move and I need to clear out unneeded things from my storage locker in Missouri. All these things are available for free, with the exception that you must take EVERYTHING. I didn't really get around to doing much testing on this unit, but I noticed that the modded...
  19. Anonymous Coward

Looking for a Dell Part. Need Part number

I am looking for the part number of the cpu daughter card described in this document: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/DTA/omni5xx/00000036.htm Does anyone know how to get that?
Back